Furiously Eclectic People

Full Version: Mythus Magick
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone,

I know the old forums had a good Mythus following.
The Mythus PDFs wizards released years ago were both OCR, but the transfer was terrible. I don't know if it was the stylized font or the tiny (8 pt?) size. But pulling the text is just a ridiculous endeavor. Has anyone already worked on pulling and cleaning up the old mythus core books into a more editable format? I've been playing with my old "intermediate" mythus files, but all those castings? Geez! Last I checked, Mythusmage's Mythus SRD hasn't started adding castings yet.

Help?

Thanks,
Tom
Oh man, I have no clue. That set of books sits with just a few that are important to me by my bed but I've never considered digital copies. I can certainly see the usefulness of them.

I still hope to someday actually get to be a player in a Dangerous Journeys game of any genre.

There is a new facebook group for DJ at
https://m.facebook.com/groups/338643039672214
(04-04-2015, 03:01 PM)Kersus Wrote: [ -> ]I still hope to someday actually get to be a player in a Dangerous Journeys game of any genre.

Yeah, wouldn't that be cool? Unfortunately it seems to have been lost in the wave of OSR D&D clones of every flavor. I've got this crazy idea about redoing a sort of pumped up Mythus Prime build on the OGL and using Mongoose's Legend RPG as a foundation. But unfortunately that Mythus Magick scan is a huge impediment. I just can't justify the time it would take to retype 300 spells, let alone 1400. And I'm not expecting a clearer OCR scan in my lifetime.

Quote:There is a new facebook group for DJ at  
https://m.facebook.com/groups/338643039672214

I'll check again, but if it's the one I found its the saddest excuse for a Facebook group ever. Sad
Ah! Ok. Complete different group! Thanks for the tip!
A clone of Mythus Prime would be cool. One could probably make a ruleset that people could publish adventures with and have to either make up their own castings or have the book themselves.

I know it's a big impediment though.

You're always welcome here to talk about Mythus or whatever floats your boat. We're up for it.
(04-05-2015, 01:25 AM)Kersus Wrote: [ -> ]A clone of Mythus Prime would be cool. One could probably make a ruleset that people could publish adventures with and have to either make up their own castings or have the book

Yeah, it would be cool. Just not sure it's an undertaking I could ever possibly do. As part of a group, with someone who knew his or her way around retro clones and the OGL, maybe. It would be really interesting to see how well a stripped down Mythus would be received by the OSR crowd.
A Mythus clone. Hmmm ..

I might try a hand at that, but I won't if either of you are serious about doing it yourselves.
I'm not solid enough in Mythus to try however I'd be willing to offer small bits of assistance.

I think like most things it will receive mixed reviews. The key is to see support return for it. There is a small but dedicated fan base.
(04-05-2015, 09:47 AM)trp Wrote: [ -> ]A Mythus clone.  Hmmm ..

I might try a hand at that, but I won't if either of you are serious about doing it yourselves.

Allen Kellogg (Mythusmage, MythusRPG) has been working on a mythus SRD for the last few years, so he's already done a chunk of work towards this. I have a few ideas on how you could make a successful clone, but I really don't have the time to spend on making it myself. I'd be happy to contribute towards such a project though, time permitting.

If you're serious, shoot me a PM and we can discuss it.