Furiously Eclectic People
[ACT] What are you reading? - Printable Version

+- Furiously Eclectic People (http://furiouslyeclectic.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Toying with Sardonicism (http://furiouslyeclectic.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Endless Blanket (http://furiouslyeclectic.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: [ACT] What are you reading? (/showthread.php?tid=17)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

[ACT] What are you reading? - Kersus - 04-05-2014

So what are you reading currently?

I've been reading Marvin The Mage (comic), The Answer (NCV Bible), Expression Web 4 In Depth, Dengeki Daisy Vol. 5, Dark Outpost by James M. Ward and Christopher Clark (an adventure), The One Who Watches From Below (DCC adventure), and various other things lately.

RE: What are you reading? - rredmond - 04-06-2014

Funny enough, I'm reading The Great Train Robbery. Really different kind of period piece. I'm enjoying that aspect of it.
The chapters are wicked short too.

RE: What are you reading? - Kersus - 04-06-2014

I'm sure I saw one version on the old Vinyl Video players (along with Yentyl, The Lord of the Rings, Rambo, and Escape from Alcatraz I think) before VCRs became the thing. I don't remember a lot beyond being told it was a classic. I do fancy books with short chapters. It's an illusion that makes me read more in one sitting than a book with long chapters because I feel the progress. I should probably read that SCHWA thing someday.

RE: What are you reading? - rredmond - 04-06-2014

Big Grin
Short chapters they certainly are! Smile

RE: What are you reading? - trp - 04-06-2014

I am reading Light of the World by James Lee Burke. I don't usually read mystery genre books, but Burke's books are different. They're more than who-done-its; they're commentaries on the human condition.

RE: What are you reading? - Kersus - 04-19-2014

I just read Silver Surfer #1 (May 2014)

The artwork and lettering is exactly what a Surfer relaunch needs but the story was very underwhelming so I won't be getting any more.

[Image: 53286d4a5deac.jpg]

RE: What are you reading? - Oedipussy Rex - 04-19-2014

The Allred team more than makes up for any deficiencies in the writing.

I beg to differ, and maybe I should give it more than one issue to decide, however the Allred team is most certainly the best Silver Surfer artwork since Kirby. I like it even better than Buscema.

Surfer was one of those i've always tried to collect but these days I really want good writing. I'll make exceptions for a few artists like Keown and Pugh, but I usually want to laugh.

RE: What are you reading? - Oedipussy Rex - 04-19-2014

MADMAN!

I haven't tried that show.... Oh! Me? That's probably true. Crazy like a sloth.

Getting into Nightwing again only to find out the series is ending and there was some big crossover I missed and wouldn't have bought anyway. So they're changing him into a spy where the stories are actually supposed to mix Mad Men and Breaking Bad. Uh huh.

[Image: 2014_04_15_15_31_58.JPG]