Furiously Eclectic People
[DT] What tabletop board/card/mini/etc. games have you played recently? - Printable Version

+- Furiously Eclectic People (http://furiouslyeclectic.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Toying with Sardonicism (http://furiouslyeclectic.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Endless Blanket (http://furiouslyeclectic.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: [DT] What tabletop board/card/mini/etc. games have you played recently? (/showthread.php?tid=37)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

[DT] What tabletop board/card/mini/etc. games have you played recently? - Kersus - 04-14-2014

At GaryCon I had the fortune to play:

Pittsburgh 68
Chainmail
The Stripey Hole

68 looked somewhat fun for large groups but the turns took way too long. Chainmail was a bucket list game for me as I've been looking forward to being taught how to play but after a session of the TOEE Moathouse battle, I still haven't a clue how to play. It was pretty cool still. The Stripey Hole has potential and is a microgame from ICGD.

Lastly, I just played Ticket to Ride Europe. I have put off playing this game for years. I certainly didn't want to buy it without playing first. People raved about it and I knew it was a classic game but a long time ago I tried some computer version and it was awful. What a pleasant surprise. We played two-player and it was fantastic.

RE: What tabletop board/card/mini/etc. games have you played recently? - Kersus - 07-09-2014

Adventurer - Simple game that isn't co-operative nor is there direct conflict between players.

RE: What tabletop board/card/mini/etc. games have you played recently? - Kersus - 02-12-2015

Showed Pandemic off a bit as well as Castle Panic. Oh, and Kahuna.

RE: What tabletop board/card/mini/etc. games have you played recently? - Oedipussy Rex - 02-12-2015

Played Small World at a small con, recently. Got my niece Ticket to Ride for her birthday, so I've been playing a fair bit of that.

RE: What tabletop board/card/mini/etc. games have you played recently? - Kersus - 02-13-2015

I'd enjoy a copy of Smallworld.... and someone to play it with. I've only played it once but I really enjoyed it. It felt like a much faster and simpler History of the World with that fantasy twist. Which Ticket to Ride?

RE: What tabletop board/card/mini/etc. games have you played recently? - Oedipussy Rex - 02-13-2015

The original.

As for Smallworld, I had fun but reading some user reviews, I can see the complaint that the other players have nothing to do on a person's turn, when turns can take over 5 minutes. Still, it's a game I'd be willing to get. If they make a new tray.

RE: What tabletop board/card/mini/etc. games have you played recently? - Kersus - 02-14-2015

I think I was looking at the Underground version. I like the idea of having a chess timer type thing for games where people tend to take long turns.

RE: What tabletop board/card/mini/etc. games have you played recently? - Oedipussy Rex - 02-15-2015

Before I Kill You Mister Bond, renamed as James Ernest's Totally Renamed Spy Game because they couldn't afford to fight the C&D to prove they didn't have to cease and desist.

RE: What tabletop board/card/mini/etc. games have you played recently? - Kersus - 02-17-2015

AWARD SHOW by Twilight Creations. It's a simple little game with a little strategy but has that vapid feel most Twilight Creations games have. Potential untapped. It's worth playing but probably not worth buying Smile

RE: What tabletop board/card/mini/etc. games have you played recently? - Kersus - 02-17-2015

DC Comics DeckBuilding Game. I'm trying to decide if I should invest in an expansion.