Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[ACT] What are you reading?
I've been reading this YA series (at the behest of my 10yo) and gods help me I'm enjoying it!
http://www.officialherosguide.com/
--Ron--
(09-17-2014, 01:57 PM)rredmond Wrote: I've been reading this YA series (at the behest of my 10yo) and gods help me I'm enjoying it!
http://www.officialherosguide.com/
--Ron--

How did Colbert put it? "Young Adult books are just like regular books except people read them." Something like that.
Getting me free admission into gaming conventions for a decade
Heh! They were really a fun read. A little too wacky at parts, but I read all three of them. The author is "on a break" right now and writing other things though.
--Ron--
Skin Game, the latest Harry Dresden novel by Jim Butcher.

Harry and Murphy finally do the nasty. 5/5
It was only a dream. 1/5

Final rating: 3/5
Getting me free admission into gaming conventions for a decade
Darkly Through the Labyrinth by Darwin Leary

It's an upcoming RPG set in the 80s when moral panic swept the U.S. regarding satanism and role-playing games etc. You play FBI (RCMP in my case) agents investigating cases. It's set as multiple one-shots.
"Save inches for the bathroom; we're using feet here." ~ Rob Kuntz (2014)

--brought to you by TOLHosting, the service without the site--
(02-25-2015, 06:30 AM)Kersus Wrote: Darkly Through the Labyrinth by Darwin Leary

It's an upcoming RPG set in the 80s when moral panic swept the U.S. regarding satanism and role-playing games etc. You play FBI (RCMP in my case) agents investigating cases. It's set as multiple one-shots.

Looks real interesting!
http://www.flamesrising.com/darkly-throu...labyrinth/
You've played it?
--Ron--
Just reading through the PDF which I printed out. It's got a great layout and is written well. It lacks a sample adventure though. I'll post a review for it on the blog eventually.

Going through The Upper Works of Castle Zagyg again. I'm trying to decide if I want to use it in my next campaign. It seems like a lot of work to prepare. It would also be easier to use C&C with and I did back that Kickstarter. The problem is that I don't really like C&C and I don't want to force my players into a mega dungeon - although, flipping it upside down and having them teleported there might be neat.

Started Dungeons of Dread but wasn't allowed to borrow it so I will finish it later.

[Image: Dungeon_of_Dread.jpg]

I recall why I didn't like them as a kid. Too much prattle and not enough decision making. As an adult, maybe I'd like them better.

A recently finished all of Cornwell's Saxon novels, and now I've delved back into the world of Cook's P.I. Garret.   Finished reading Old Tin Sorrows last night and started on Dread Brass Shadows.