Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[ACT] Your last movie?
Zardoz (1974) Sean Connery, Charlotte Rampling

Zardoz

Zardoz

ZARDOZ
Getting me free admission into gaming conventions for a decade
I very much want to see Zardoz. I was putting off Dora but if you recommend it, I'll give it a whirl.

I did watch Seven Samurai (1954) in all it's 3+hours length. True classic. Good to know the history not only of the time in the movie but the history of the making of the movie - getting shut down twice and such. It's quite interesting.

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ1TOratCTo
"Save inches for the bathroom; we're using feet here." ~ Rob Kuntz (2014)

--brought to you by TOLHosting, the service without the site--
The Girl with All the Gifts (2016) Sennia Nanua, Gemma Arterton, Glenn Close

Interesting take on the zombie trope. Worth the watch.
The Corpse Grinders (1971) Sean Kenney (aka Capt. Pike), Monica Kelly, etal

"Lotus Cat Food, For cats who like people"
Oedipussy approved
Silent Night, Bloody Night (1972, released 1974) Patrick O'Neal, Mary Woronov, James Patterson (the dead one), John "Mutherfucking" Carradine, baby!

The classic. Want to see some Factory people without watching an Andy Warhol film? This one has eight, not the least of whom is Woronov. (You know her from Death Race 2000, Rock and Roll High School, and Night of the Comet.)

Fun fact: The movie was never registered in the US and has "fallen" into the public domain, which explains the incredibly shitty digital transfer. Seriously. It looks like it was first converted to 480x270 then that file was blown up to 720p. Just awful.
Moonchild (1972) Mark Travis, Pat Renata, Victor Buono, John "Lady Killer" Carradine, baby!

Victor "King Tut" Buono in da house. Where "da house" is a '70s psychedelic parable of religion and secularism and the eternal struggle of man.
Shock Waves (1977) Peter Cushing, Brooke Adams, John "Sanguinary" Carradine, baby!

Just wait 'til I start on my Royal Dano marathon.
Robocop (1987) Peter Weller, Nancy Allen, Ronny Cox

Back during the W administration I read a review of Robocop from a reviewer who had never seen it before. The gist was "More relevant today than when it was made." We've gone so far beyond that now. It's too late. The lesson has not been learned.
Code 8 (2019) The Cousins Amell, Kari Matchett, Sung Kang

The Canadians have the sci-fi/fantasy genre locked down.
My Name is Nobody (1973) Henry Fonda, Terrence Hill

God damn, Henry Fonda was an under-appreciated actor. And he was one of the most respected actors of his time.