Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transeat in Tempore
First, some new notation: +X/YR
To modify a spell with the above notation, increase the difficulty by X (increase the number to beat on the Sorcerer die) and increase the minimum Rank in Sorcerer to cast the spell by Y.

Second, a couple of new spells:

Tempore Finis
Spell Base: 6/See below
Min. Rank: d16/See below
Resist: No

Time stands still for the caster for a number of Combat Turns equal to the Points of Success of the casting. The caster is able to move normally as well as pick up and carry items. This is a fantasy world, so our understanding of physics doesn't work here, i.e. there is no such thing as inertia; if you try to walk on water, you're going to sink. Giving a time-stopped person a shove isn't going to cause him to fall off balance when time starts again; it just moves him until you stop shoving. You know that stupid move in movies and cartoons where someone turns a bullet around so that it flies back at the shooter? That shit actually works here.

Modifiers:
+2/+1R: Increase the duration to 1 Adventure Turn per PoS
+6/+2R: Increase the duration to 1 Travel Turn/PoS

Tempore Saltus
Spell Base: 8/See below
Min. Rank: d20/See below
Resist: No

The Caster jumps forward 1 Combat Turn/PoS. The character "blinks" out of the "now" and reappears some time later at the same spot. He has no knowledge of anything that occurred during the intervening moments. The caster can choose a length of time to skip, 3 Turns for instance, losing any PoS in excess, but will reappear early if the roll comes up short. That is to say, getting only one Point of Success when needing three will not result in spell failure, just a disappointing success.

Modifiers:
+4/+1R: Increase the duration to 1 Adventure Turn per PoS
+8/+2R: Increase the duration to 1 Travel Turn/PoS

Note: If my Latin sucks, blame Google Translate.

Also note: These are the first spells with higher Rank than d12.
Getting me free admission into gaming conventions for a decade