Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Da Bears
Bear Hug - When a monster with this attack succeeds with all main attacks in a single Turn – both claw attacks by a bear, for example – the victim is now in a Bear Hug. The Bear Hug attack is against only the Defense score, ignoring any armor (although magical bonuses still apply – use a die of Rank equal to the bonus). The attack also allows monsters with a bite attack to make such an attack each Turn that also ignores armor. Victims cannot make any mêlée or ranged attacks until breaking free (see Grapple, Ə, pg 32), but can cast spells motionlessly (Ə, pg 17).

Black Bear
S: d3
W: d10 / d2x2 / d2 bite
A: d4
D: 2
H: 40
Size: Large
Special: Bear Hug d2

A bear. That's black.

Brown Bear
S: d4
W: d12 / d3x2 / d2 bite
A: d6
H: 50
Size: Large
Special: Bear Hug d3

A bear. That's brown.

Cave Bear
S: d6
W: d8 / d2x2 / d3 bite
H: 30
Size: M
Special: Bear Hug d1, see description

A bear. That's cave. No, that's not right. They live in caves. Although smaller than their brethren, Cave Bear's jaws are capable of crushing rocks. When making bite attacks, they receive a +2 bonus to Warrior on the attack roll.
Getting me free admission into gaming conventions for a decade
I can't bear it.
"Save inches for the bathroom; we're using feet here." ~ Rob Kuntz (2014)

--brought to you by TOLHosting, the service without the site--
Golden Bear
S: d8
W: d20 / d4x2 / d3 bite
A: d8
D: 4
H: 100
Size: L
Special: Bear Hug d4

Considered a god by some, the Golden Bear is seldom sighted, highly elusive, and greatly desired for its bright, golden fur.
Polar Bear
W: d16 / d3x2 / d3 bite
D: 3
H: 65
Size: L
Special: Bear Hug d3, Surprise d12

Polar Bears live in frigid climes and suffer no movement penalties for snow and ice. A Polar Bear’s Surprise only applies when its fur actually acts as camouflage.
Spectacled Bear
W: d6 / d1
H: 20

So-called for their light brown/beige markings on the chest and face, Spectacled Bears live in mountain forests at mid- to high elevations. These usually solitary beasts are mostly vegetarian but will occasionally eat a rodent or ground-nesting bird or cow.
Sloth Bear
W: d6 / d3x2
H: 25

Known for their long, razor-sharp claws. Sloth Bears eat ants, termites and other insects, as well as honeycombs and fruit. They are adept tree climbers, doing so in pursuit of food and sleep.
Sun (Honey) Bear
W: d4 / d1
A: d3
D: 1
H: 15

Smallest of the bear family, the Sun Bear (or Honey Bear, for their love of honeycombs) grows up to 5’ long and 175 lbs. They feed on honey, fruit, insects, and grubs. Unafraid of people, Sun Bears are known to enter abodes in search of food, considered an event of good omens by those inconvenienced.

"A Sun Bear pushed through the back door, trashed the kitchen, and ate the pie I had made for tomorrow's party. By the time it left, it had broken three bowls. Took half an hour to clean up the mess."

"Lucky you. Definitely a sign that you'll have strong, healthy sons."
"You're going to come into money soon."
"Good harvest on the way."