Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HackMoor 2018/07/12 Ticket to Ride
Games are on Thursday nights sometime after 6:30PM at World's Best Comics, 9714 Warwick Blvd Newport News, Virginia 23601.

This is another placeholder update, HackMaster has not been played last four weeks.  I may even be late tonight myself.

We had only a sausage pizza.  Pizza is always on the house for my games however.

Last week we played "Ticket to Ride", Germany edition.  It was different than the original, as victory conditions were skewed in favor of collecting "Meeples" over lengthy "Trips" or "Tickets".   Although having a combination thereof increases the chances of a better score.
Tracy Johnson

BT

NNNN
By "Germany edition" I assume you mean "Märklin edition," whose map is Germany. Märklin is a German toy company that specializes in model trains, like Lionel, and has something like 50% of the model train market in German-speaking countries. It's a good game. Not my favorite TtR edition, but not a bad game.
Getting me free admission into gaming conventions for a decade
(07-21-2018, 09:46 AM)Oedipussy Rex Wrote: By "Germany edition" I assume you mean "Märklin edition," whose map is Germany. Märklin is a German toy company that specializes in model trains, like Lionel, and has something like 50% of the model train market in German-speaking countries. It's a good game. Not my favorite TtR edition, but not a bad game.

No, only because it said "Germany" on the box!
Tracy Johnson

BT

NNNN
Up at the game shop and sure enough, Ticket to Ride Germany. The shop owner showed me a BGG post that explained the differences. Basically, Germany is a simplified version.

(sent from my phone)
Getting me free admission into gaming conventions for a decade