Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shit I've Learned
Practical advice:

9) So you have a tubeless tire, let's say for a wheelbarrow, that has gone flat and lost its seal with the hub and won't inflate. Wrap a cargo strap around the circumference of the tire and tighten it. By squeezing the tire inward, the sides of the tire will press against the rims of the hub, forming the necessary seal to inflate the tire.
9a) Be sure to finish inflating the tire after removing the strap.
9b) Is there a gas station that still has an air pump?
9c) Why the hell is Lowe's the only place where I can find one?
Getting me free admission into gaming conventions for a decade
Not sure where you live, but in NJ the air pumps are at the Wawa gas stations. I didn't even know what a Wawa was when I lived in NY Smile
They've sorta gone outta style here with easy access to portable air pumps. I keep one in every car.
"Save inches for the bathroom; we're using feet here." ~ Rob Kuntz (2014)

--brought to you by TOLHosting, the service without the site--
Sitting here with no power trying to figure out how to cut a wick for a kerosene lantern. I don't know what those Fatasy adventurers do, but it's not as simple as we make it out in gaming. Flat? Rounded? Beveled? Pointed?
"Save inches for the bathroom; we're using feet here." ~ Rob Kuntz (2014)

--brought to you by TOLHosting, the service without the site--
(05-15-2022, 12:04 PM)Kersus Wrote: They've sorta gone outta style here with easy access to portable air pumps. I keep one in every car.
Dude saved me on the highway once with a portable air pump. It was fantastic.
Hope your power came back! Smile
(05-23-2022, 10:10 AM)Kersus Wrote: Sitting here with no power trying to figure out how to cut a wick for a kerosene lantern. I don't know what those Fatasy adventurers do, but it's not as simple as we make it out in gaming. Flat? Rounded? Beveled? Pointed?

Huh? I thought you're in Canada. Don't you guys live in lean-tos three months out of the year?

I'll give you the lesson I got lo those many decades ago: "Trim the wick like you trim your fingernails." Me: "I'm not biting that."
10) Comments like, "This room isn't working. I need the upstairs room for my home office," are only the beginning.
10a) It continues to things like, "We should also switch bedrooms so that I'm not constantly going up and down the stairs.
10b) It doesn't end with hiring movers haul haul all the upstairs shit downstairs and all the downstairs shit up.
10c) It doesn't end with removing the ceiling fan in the downstairs master bedroom (which was installed only three months ago) and installing it in the upstairs master bedroom; taking the fan that had been in the upstairs master bedroom and install it in the downstairs bedroom (not master) because the old one uses chandelier bulbs; taking the old ceiling fan from the downstairs bedroom out to the curb to be picked up either by solid waste or scavengers (old appliances of any sort rarely last more than a day on the curb); removing the old ceiling fan from the upstairs guest bedroom-cum-new home office and installing it in the downstairs master bedroom; and installing a new ceiling fan in the upstairs guest bedroom-cum-new home office.
10d) And every one of those fuckers uses a different ceiling mount.
10e) It won't even end with having to remove the old sink and vanity from the upstairs master bathroom and replacing them because the old one didn't have enough counter space.
10f) It. Will. Never. End.
11) Sometimes you have to turn on the light and look at the toilet bowl.
11a) Even if you really don't want to.
11b) Especially when you really don't want to.
11c) Both literally and metaphorically.
11d) *shivers*
No rating for this one Smile