Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HackMoor 2018/09/06 Raising of Grok and Honda, Battle, and GM Craziness
Games are on Thursday nights sometime after 6:30PM at World's Best Comics, 9714 Warwick Blvd Newport News, Virginia 23601.

We had a split half sausage, half pepperoni pizza.

PART 1.

++++ START OF SESSION ++++

The evening started out as planned.  I fully expected the players to bring their "Raise Dead" player cards which they did, well "Minor Raise Dead" cards which earned them two flaws each.  So we went through the rigmarole of rolling their flaws.  

Ninety minutes later, as we ate our pizza at the same time.

Then came the mitigation of these selfsame flaws.  Hitting upon the prior offer of 15 Player Cards for a Wish one player took that option.  (Reminding me I had to up the ante by stating a second wish will cost them 30 cards.  I think its a good plan, and prevents hoarding of cards.)

I had the Player write down the Wish properly.  Upon receipt I had to declare that half the Wish was null and void.  As the Player had written two wishes and forgot to connect them with an "and" clause.  The first half of the Wish was to remove all the new flaws.  The next half asked for +5 weapons and armor for everyone.  Anyway, the wisher chose to remove the flaws.  Besides I told them, saying "everyone" would have given +5 weapons and armor to their enemies also.  (I used the example from Bruce Almighty where everyone wins the lottery.)

Then a Player who was game wealthy simply offered to "buy" everyone these weapons.  (He should have mentioned this earlier and saved us the trouble.)

Into the second hour we finally started fighting the battle with the monsters reported arriving at the end of last game, 10 Hell Hounds, 5 Trolls, and 2 Fire Giants.

One early outcome of the battle was the Party's set of 5 Hell Hounds were released to meet the other 10 Hell Hounds.  Both sets of Hell Hounds promptly set to sniffing each others asses and nullified half the 10 Hell Hounds by doing whatever lonely Hell Hounds do.  

The Fire Giants were content to throw boulders from the back and let the remaining Hell Hounds and Trolls perform the charge of the Light Brigade.

All went well, Hell Hounds were dying, Trolls were dying as much as they're able.  (It was declared they'd be burned later before they could fully regenerate.)

Lastly, one lucky Troll rolled a natural 20 to hit on Jacko, Thus by convention should be a critical hit.  Jacko said that wasn't so and we argued, his point his armor class was so good that a natural 20 as a critical hit wasn't a critical hit.  Citing some rule that I think was from a lesser product.

I cited the rule that says "Any time a character rolls a natural 20 on his to hit rolls, he scores a critical hit."

Then the player countered that a monster is not a character, it only applies to characters.

Aaaaaaaaaagghhhhhh!

Being told a critical hit isn't a critical hit made me lose it.  So I said I'd had enough and declared "game over".  

Shortly thereafter Player corrected himself a bit later as he a rule that said otherwise.  (I haven't found that rule as of press time, but I'm sure it's there somewhere.)

It was late anyway.

The game was not over, and only shut down for the night, it was all good.

++++ OUT OF CHEESE ERROR ++++

BT

BBBB

PART 2.

++++ CHARACTER ROSTER ++++

CHARACTERS
Zamon, a fifth level Thug.
Grok the Dwarf, a third level WitchRanger (Battlemage subclass of Magic User).
Aerys, an Elvariel, a Fingersmith (Thief class).
Baronet Huang - a Master of the West Wind of the Stone Tiger Order, (Monk class).
Numrendir - a human Conjurist (a Conjuror, Magic User subclass)
Junkbot Jackson - a human Tracker/Friar (a Ranger 5th and Cleric 6th level).
Jacko, an Albino Dork Elf, a Multiclass (Infiltrator, Ranger and Battle Mage).
Serena 2.0 - First Level Battle Mage Second (a Protege of Jacko).

NPCs/Proteges:
Baronetess Honda - a Human Datai Samurai, Steward of Catan (formerly Temple of the Frog)
Gnomex, a Gnome Adept of Geardal Ironhand (Cleric class.)
Tanzen - a Fae-Born first level Exciter. (Fourth level Invoker, a Magic User subclass).
Fundisha - a half-Elf Swordsperson/Tout (Fighter and Infiltrator, a Thief subclass).

CAPTURED CHARACTERS (both PCs and NPCs)
Gerry Castagere, human Fingersmith, (Thief class) and ever loving devotee of Elefus, abandoned to the Blood Cult in the City of Brass on the Plane of Fire.

MISSING/OFFLINE/RETIRED CHARACTERS
Count Elefus, a human Abbot of Heimdall (Cleric class).  RETIRED
Felipe the Dwarf, a third level Sigil (Chosen One subclass of Cleric).
Sir Weasel, human Guild Soldier, Warlock, & Champion (Thief, Magic User, & Fighter classes) he stayed back in BlackMoor.
- and nine Pilgrim henchmen of various levels. (They wear hoodies.)
Slade Wilson - Dwarven Professional (a Bounty Hunter, Fighter subclass) Left behind at Catan.

BT

BBBB

++++ RECORD KEEPING ++++

PART 3.

This is also posted on three forums, and a blog.
http://blackmoor.mystara.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=76
http://www.furiouslyeclectic.com/forum/f...php?fid=13
http://www.kenzerco.com/forums/forumdisp...ster-Tales
http://furiouslyeclectic.com/hackmoor/
Tracy Johnson

BT

NNNN

Messages In This Thread
HackMoor 2018/09/06 Raising of Grok and Honda, Battle, and GM Craziness - by tmjva - 09-09-2018, 04:48 AM