Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tracy's HackMoor Campaign 2014/07/10
We had a chicken and green pepper pizza.

++++ START OF SESSION ++++

We had a new Player show up and rolled up one of the Pixie hyprids, a Pixie-Nixie. Of course being Hackmaster, this took all night. Near the end, we got some forward movement in the timeline. As you recall the party was at the top of the the coin-operated stair just before door labeled "EXIT" in mid-air. So I had them all (in marching order or course) pass through the EXIT doorway.

The party found entered what appeared to be at the bottom of a circular well in about four feet deep of water with a pebbly bottom. Water flowed into and out of openings at the bottom of each side. They could see light at the top of the well about fifty feet up. It was also the opportune moment to introduce the new Pixie-Nixie Player Character, Kiki. Who "just happened" to be flitting by, so the conversant members of the party indroduced themselves.

Since they were at the bottom of a wet pit, it quickly became a contest to see which character with thieving skill could make it to the top first, Lauren or Huang. Lauren made it up first while Huang got sidetracked.

Let's leave Huang for the moment.

Lauren made it to the top, and I described the level he was appeared to be a platform on the side of a cathedral. To one side the was a door with the multiclor lighted sign saying: "Upfitter's Emporium, specializing in all that's fit to go up and stay up." There were also three stained glass windows. Window #1 depicted food menacing it's victims. Window #2 showed a huge blob in the center of a web of pipes surrounded by smaller blobs and spiders. Window #3 displayed the image of a fat orange and black striped cat with bulging eye sitting on a black book surrounded by a dozen multicolor keys. Higher above the flying buttresses was a faint rectangular outline beneath the shining letters "EXIT". Over the parapet on the opposite side it was pitch black. Although if one looked carefully you could see faint reflections of light which seemed like pairs of eyes.

The rest of the party noticed the "pebbly" effect beneath their feet and noticed that they the pebble were really coins or items. So during the meantime that Lauren and Huang were climbing up, the rest of the party started bobbing for valuables. Junkbot found a Topaz Key, Honda found a gem, Kmaregh found a jade sculpture of a dog, Numrendir found a set of Chain Mail, Claven found a gem, and Lauren found a Footman's Mace, Ulfbert found 19CP, 2SP, & 2GP, the NPC also found a mix of copper, silver and gold pieces, (heavy on the copper).

Shortly thereafter, one of the NPC feels a tentacle touching his leg and of course notifies the party in the usual manner.

Panic ensues, the party went to scramble mode to climb up to the top.

Kiki the new Pixie-Nixie, assisted by taking a rope for the party to climb, up to Doriel's location. Whether or not Doriel was ready to receive it or tie it down anywhere has yet to be seen, as we ended the session at 11:15PM.

In the meantime, Huang entered a side passage as he was climbing up in the race with Doriel.

(All the above occured in the last 20 minutes of Play time.)

++++ CHARACTER ROSTER ++++

PLAYERS

Kmaregh Dismal, Evoker
Junkbot Jackson - Tracker/Adept
Sir Huang - Monk Master
Dame Honda - Samurai Bushi
Kiki - Prestigitator and Pixie-Nixie
Sir Doriel, an Elf Waghalter.
Sir Lauren, a Half-Elf Veteran
Sir Ulfberht Axewieder, a Dwarf Veteran
Sir Claven, a Touched of Tyr

PNP's (Players Not Playing), but appear every so often:

D'Vine Justice, Elf Initiate of the 5th Circle (Semi-retired)
Sir, Elefus, Human Male Deacon

NPCs:

Hireling Ensign Johnson (upstairs as invalid, performing gate guard duty in the former International Exports building
Hireling Ensign Pulver
Henchman Tubbs
Henchman Face
Henchman B.A. Baracus
Henchman Magnum
Henchman Rockford
Henchman Simon #1

++++ OUT OF CHEESE ERROR ++++
Tracy Johnson

BT

NNNN
Very neat! How do you like the Pixie race in HM4?
"Save inches for the bathroom; we're using feet here." ~ Rob Kuntz (2014)

--brought to you by TOLHosting, the service without the site--
I think they're simply an outlet for male Players who role them up to fulfill their androgynous fantasies. Be it far from me to hinder them.

(07-18-2014, 10:11 AM)Kersus Wrote: Very neat! How do you like the Pixie race in HM4?
Tracy Johnson

BT

NNNN
I have never played one, but now that you mention it, only girls ever played them in my games. Usually they stirred up a lot of trouble (eg. One kept pulling enemies to the main group and almost wiped everyone out).

Actually our HM4e sessions often ended up with one character left up with 1hp. It was always the same one. For whatever reason, they were more reckless in HM than in AD&D.

I kind of liked the PFs however instead of them, I added a Brownie playable race to Lejendary Adventure but inspired by the enjoyment we had from PFs in HM.

They were a bit of a joke, but we had fun with them. Someday I'll play HM4 again.

BTW, you're welcome to have blogger Ability on the main site if you'd like. Smile

O.K. but only if I'm educated as to what Blogger ability does.

(07-20-2014, 01:48 PM)Kersus Wrote: BTW, you're welcome to have blogger Ability on the main site if you'd like. Smile
Tracy Johnson

BT

NNNN
Okay, I'll respond to that in a bit when my brain unfuzzes from snoozing.

What do you think of Half Ogres?

Usable as a Player Race, Full Ogres not so much.
Tracy Johnson

BT

NNNN