Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[ACT] What are you reading?
I finished The Red Lantern Scandals by Teresa Lo as well as the BLUEHOLME Prentice Rules RPG.

The former started off interesting but was fairly mediocre by the end with far too many proofreading errors. Still, it was a little engaging and one of very few books i've been able to finish on my ereader.

The latter impressed me very much. It was what I wanted to see in memory of J Elric Holmes.
"Save inches for the bathroom; we're using feet here." ~ Rob Kuntz (2014)

--brought to you by TOLHosting, the service without the site--
Digging through Wizards Mutants Lazer Pistols Volume One Compilation. Weird old-school crazy fun. I'm actually doing a crossword. 

Started "Total Aikido: The Master Course" again. It's a different style than I practice but it may hold some wisdom.

Also started "Dungeons & Dragons Classics" Vol. 1 which is the trade for the old Advanced D&D comic. I want to see if I still enjoy something I did many years ago.

Dune by Frank Herbert

It has literally been decades since I last read it. It's still a good and engaging read, but it really didn't hit me the way it did back when I first read it. Much like when I reread The Moon is a Harsh Mistress, Stranger in a Strange Land, and Lord of Light, the parts that I remembered as significant, weren't. Now I'm afraid to reread The Left Hand of Darkness and The Dispossessed.
Ə
Maybe I got it rite this time.

booklet
landscape

Join the scorn.
http://furiouslyeclectic.com/gor shows that I've been reading the Gor series and loved the first two books, didn't mind the third and am forcing my way through the fourth.

I'm also reading another Aikido book.

I've gotten back into comic books but I just don't enjoy them like i once did. I find Trades too intimidating and conversely dislike reading storylines without every issue. DC and Marvel rebooted both of their universes again which was overly frustrating and I simply haven't found a solid alternative company.

Probably the most enjoyable read has been Superman/Wonder Woman.

I do find it interesting that Marvel is punishing the Mutants for staying with Fox and essentially making the Inhumans into what the Mutants once were.

Recently finished The Samarkand Solution by Gary Gygax

Little spoiler-free review at http://www.furiouslyeclectic.com/samarkand

Just finished THE FALLIBLE FIEND by L Sprague De Camp. It was a fun and easy read. Nothing special but worth my time.

Review of Fallible Fiend at http://www.furiouslyeclectic.com/novarian

Well into Dream Park by Niven and Barnes; just started Sea of Death by Gary Gygax; starting to get frustrated with the new Dr. Strange and Hercules comics that both started off with laughs and are now dark and dreary. Strange dealing with a terrible metaplot and Hercules dealing with alcoholism. The initial laughs were what made the comics work and they're pretty much gone now. Jem is a decent comic despite it's liberal propaganda. I got my g/f into comics and now I'm realizing they just aren't for me anymore.

Also reading through Necropolis by Gary Gygax and Gamma World 2e.

Review of Dream Park @ http://furiouslyeclectic.com/dreampark

Mostly reading Vakhund and Lost City of Gaxmoor. Afterlife with Archie.

The Dying Earth by Jack Vance

and

Search the Sky by Pohl & Kornbluth