Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[ACT] What are you reading?
"It Worked for Me" by Colin Powell © 2012 Third Printing 2016 Flat Signed Yesterday.
Tracy Johnson
Ye Olde Fashioned Text Games at:
http://invent3k.openmpe.com/empire/
BT

NNNN
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon (Light Novel) Volume 2

Tales of Peril by J Eric Holmes (edited by Allan grodog Grohe)
"Save inches for the bathroom; we're using feet here." ~ Rob Kuntz (2014)

--brought to you by TOLHosting, the service without the site--
Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep Philip K. Dick

The 1982 edition touting Blade Runner on the cover.

Hadn't read it in 20-some years, but it reinforced a couple things. One, faithful adaptations of Dick's works are few and far between, and Blade Runner is not one of them. Don't get me wrong, I love the movie. Well, the cut of the movie that doesn't try to reinforce the bullshit Deckard-is-an-Android theory. And two, Philip K. Dick was brilliant as an idea and concept writer, but not so much as a storyteller, especially ending it. I still have no idea what the hell he was trying to do with the end of The Man in the High Castle. Anyway, PKD. Always worth the read, regardless.
Ə
Maybe I got it rite this time.

booklet
landscape

Join the scorn.
(09-09-2018, 04:39 AM)Oedipussy Rex Wrote: Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep Philip K. Dick

I've been looking for a copy so I can read this. I can't even recall if I've read it before however I want to read it before I re-watch one of the original cuts and then the sequel. Which movie cut do you recommend. I think my collection only has the Director's Cut. Did you find A Scanner Darkly faithful to the book?

Currently reading the Light Novel Sword Oratorio #1 and the manga Bleach #3 (because the new live action movie inspired me to try again).

Know into "The Joy of Encouragement" by David Jeremiah