Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[ACT] What are you reading?
MADMAN!
Getting me free admission into gaming conventions for a decade
Heh. That looks fun!
My 12yo wanted me to read Divergent, since she read it and wants to go to the movie with me. It isn't bad. I'm enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would.
--Ron--
(04-19-2014, 06:16 PM)Oedipussy Rex Wrote: MADMAN!
Idea
"Save inches for the bathroom; we're using feet here." ~ Rob Kuntz (2014)

--brought to you by TOLHosting, the service without the site--
I like reading books with people and discussing them. Kids, significant others, imaginary friends, Pookahs.

Just read Captain Marvel #1. The art didn't feel right, the story didn't wow me but was an intriguing enough start to try another issue, but the premise - the reason Carol goes.... it hits pretty close to home in a bad way. It's targeted at females leaving love to spread their wings, so it's no surprise that it might rub me the wrong way.

Reading OA3 - Ochimo The Spirit Warrior by Jeff Grubb.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ochimo:_T...it_Warrior

(04-06-2014, 09:17 AM)rredmond Wrote: Funny enough, I'm reading The Great Train Robbery. Really different kind of period piece. I'm enjoying that aspect of it.
The chapters are wicked short too.

On of my favorite books! The 1973? film is a pretty good adapation too Big Grin

(04-19-2014, 11:16 PM)rredmond Wrote: My 12yo wanted me to read Divergent, since she read it and wants to go to the movie with me. It isn't bad. I'm enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would.

I was not impressed with the film, haven't read any of the books, but did pick up an intro/freebie/piece of marketing fluff for the series several weeks ago that I may look at sometime Wink
Allan Grohe (grodog@gmail.com)
http://www.greyhawkonline.com/grodog/greyhawk.html

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
http://www.black-blade-publishing.com/
Concurrently reading Clark Ashton Smith's Averoigne's tales, Colin Wilson's The Outsider and re-reading Heinlein's Stranger In a Strange Land 40 years after my original reading.
A Curious Volume of Forgotten Lore by Joseph Bloch that tries to answer the question "What if Gygax saw his AD&D2e to fruition?"

Callahan's Lady by Spider Robinson (re-reading)

Prisoner's Base (Nero Wolfe) by Rex Stout - I'm finding it hard because in the past I've watched the TV episode they made of this, but it's still very good.

Just finished The Man Who Robbed His Own Post Office by Jeffrey Archer and I'm not sure why I read it.