Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DT] & Magazine
Simple plug for & Magazine because Ron is a friend and Black Blade Publishing are good people.
"Save inches for the bathroom; we're using feet here." ~ Rob Kuntz (2014)

--brought to you by TOLHosting, the service without the site--
Good 'ol "and, per se, and". Little known fact (even though it's in the wikipedia): & used to be a letter in the English alphabet and was known as "and". In reciting the alphabet, children would end with, "x, y, z, and, per se, and." (Per se, as we all know, means "by itself".) But people being people, the symbol came to be known as an ampersand. (Kind of how some non-critical-thinking-capable people think elemenopee is a letter.)
Getting me free admission into gaming conventions for a decade
Is that for real??? Big Grin

Thanks for the plug!

Woot!

Hey, know anyone who'd like to be our webmaster? We got a neat new WordPress thingy up and no one to manage it at this point. I think all the back stuff is done, it's just the ongoing stuff as such:

* Site is an existing WordPress site, fully patched.
* Most frequent updates are postings so the web master does not need to address it.
* We are expanding the site, although the expansions are being paced and the work is not intensive.
* Need help in exploring new plug-ins and keeping the site efficient with low maintenance.

That's what I know if anyone here is interested... or if anyone knows anyone who is interested. Smile

Thanks guys,
--Ron--
Well, I offer a hosting service and do some meagre web design on the side but am building it up. While I've been doing it for years I only recently moved things to my own infrastructure (built the customer base first then the infrastructure). I'm currently building a site for a hardware store Smile I also maintain multiple sites I did not create that are hosted on my servers. Most of my web site work is maintenance and updates. I am by no means the best web designer out there but I know coding and have some experience with content management like Wordpress and Drupal. I don't claim to be the cheapest or the best, but I'm me.

My signature is true. The business is TOLHosting however I haven't officially launched it yet. If I can be of service, let me know.

As a heads up, I have a surgery Wednesday so I might disappear for a couple days - or post drivel (not that you'd notice the difference) in my medicated state. On the good side, if all goes well I'm expected to recover fully and should come out better than before. I think I get bionics now or something.

Oh my Dwight, good luck with the surgery and speedy recovery.
Please at least post drivel so we know things are okay.

Be well man,
--Ron--
Heydee, remember me. Smile
The next segment of the Castle Triskelion Mega-Dungeon has published!

The Castle Triskelion is a sprawling multi-level castle/dungeon that has numerous levels above and below ground for free download! Wonderfully imagined by Tim Stypinski, the Outer Ward plus its associated New Materials (for new monsters, magic items and other fun tidbits for the dungeon) for Old School role-playing games continues to be published on & Publishing Group's website for free download. & Publishing Group also publishes & Magazine a quarterly OSR D&D magazine. Click the image to navigate to the & Publishing Group's web site Castle Triskelion downloads:

[Image: triskelion-outerward-floor01-thumb-225x300.jpg]

Stay tuned for more segments! Mega-dungeon is one of the ways we define "old school" and as with all mega-dungeons, the level of future segments will ramp up along side of the character’s level.

--Ron--
Filling in the Gaps for Old School Gamers
Hey Ron, what's your favourite part of & Magazine?

The short adventures are really my favorite. But when I have the chance I enjoy reading articles from Tim Connolly, Ian Slater and Len Lakofka. The last issue had some wonderful stuff from Stuart Marshall and Michael Corrinet, too!