Poll: Choose one
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
ə
50.00%
1 50.00%
þ
0%
0 0%
ð
0%
0 0%
æ
50.00%
1 50.00%
Total 2 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Walkers, Cephalates, and Thropes
Werewolves, well, the wolf as a Big Bad, in general, is a very Euro-centric concept. I can't think of any other culture/region that had so great a fear of wolves. In fact, almost every non-European-influenced culture revered wolves. So if you want to use some other -- would totem be the correct word? -- to represent evil, here are a few choices.

Werebear
S: d20
W: d16/d3x2 (maul)/d2 (bite)
A: d8
D: 4
H: 150
Size: L
Additional Special: Bear Hug: If both maul attacks succeed, the victim is caught by the Werebear (treat as a Grapple) that does W16/d3 Damage per Turn, as well a bite.

Werebears will do either a maul attack or bite attack on a Turn, not both.

Weretiger
W: d20/d3x2 (claws)/d3 (bite)
A: d12
D: 3
H: 100
Size: L

Wererat
W: d10/d1
A: d10
D: 2
H: 50
Size: S

Like rats, a Wererat can squeeze through any opening large enough to accommodate its skull. Wererats will first go for the Achilles tendon, if available, of standing opponents, and the eyes of those who are prone/supine.

Werebaboon
W: d12/d1 or by weapon
H: 75
Size: M

Werebaboons are able to use melee weapons, but not expertly. All weapons do d1 damage plus any bonus the weapon may have. Werebaboons can also hurl rocks, sticks, clubs, etc. with a range of 10/20/30.

Werejaguar
W: d12/d2x2 (claws)/d1 (bite)
Size: M
Additional Special: Surprise d20; Rake W12/d3 - if both claw attacks on a Turn are successful, the Werejaguar has grabbed the victim (treat as Grapple) and on subsequent Turns may do a Rake attack and bite until the victim breaks free.
Getting me free admission into gaming conventions for a decade
I'm guessing wererats would be pretty universally accepted as evil. Or is that the New Yorker in me?
When I first moved to South Jersey the folks at my job talked about recipes for muskrat. I thought they were joking at first. I'm pretty open about trying different types of food, but I passed on the muskrat. I told them I was from NY and anything with "rat" in the name was meant to be killed and thrown away, definitely not eaten!
Additional Were- options:

Werehyena
W: d12/d2
S: M
Additional Special: Hyena Laugh: A Werehyena's "Laugh" can cause abject fear in those who hear it; victims suffer a decreasing -1 penalty on all actions for each Point of Failure on an opposed Sorcerer roll. As long as the penalty is greater than an Aspect's Rank, the character can perform no actions using that aspect. If the Degree of Failure is greater than the Rank of the victim's highest Aspect, the victim is effectively a gibbering idiot for a number of Turns equal to the difference.

Weredingo (insert baby joke here)
W: d12/d2
S: M

Dingos are not dogs brought over by the English that have gone feral, like the brumbies are for horses, but wild dogs that were brought by the aboriginal peoples from southern Asia. Their lineage has been there for a long time. This has nothing to do with Weredingoes. I just thought I'd share.

You knew it had to be coming:
Were-Wallaby
W: d16/d2
A: d16
H: 50
S: S

Were-Wallabies attack by balancing on their tail and kicking with their feet. And with that amount of damage, imagine what a Were-Kangaroo can do.
(04-30-2015, 10:16 PM)rredmond Wrote: I'm guessing wererats would be pretty universally accepted as evil. Or is that the New Yorker in me?
When I first moved to South Jersey the folks at my job talked about recipes for muskrat. I thought they were joking at first. I'm pretty open about trying different types of food, but I passed on the muskrat. I told them I was from NY and anything with "rat" in the name was meant to be killed and thrown away, definitely not eaten!

And now for my spontaneous response:

Haters gonna hate.
(07-31-2017, 09:59 PM)Oedipussy Rex Wrote:
(04-30-2015, 10:16 PM)rredmond Wrote: I'm guessing wererats would be pretty universally accepted as evil. Or is that the New Yorker in me?

And now for my spontaneous response:

Haters gonna hate.

Big Grin