Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kersus Stupid and Old Ideas
(02-21-2017, 02:58 PM)Oedipussy Rex Wrote: So here's my version of your Griffin Shield.

Shields of Shield - Once an Adventure Turn (a day, if not using Ə-OH Turns) these magical shields, emblazoned with a shield, in addition to acting as shields, can be powered (roll on Adventure to beat 0) to provide protection against both physical and magical attacks, per the Shield spell. Regular-sized Shields are +2 (add d4-1 to the character's Defense. Remember: shields are a bonus to Defense and add one less than the roll) and absorbs d3 Damage per PoS of the activation. Large Shields are only +1 (d4/d6), but absorb d6/PoS.

What the...? Once a Travel Turn, not an Adventure Turn. And why the hell would you roll on Adventure to power a magical item? Roll on Sorcerer. Jesus, what kind of idiot with no discernible knowledge of the game wrote this?
Sorcerer Character Has Warrior Adventure
Ə, what?

booklet
landscape

Join the scorn.
(02-20-2017, 09:17 PM)Oedipussy Rex Wrote:
(03-11-2015, 07:48 AM)Kersus Wrote: Energy Bow (Use Warrior instead of Sorcerer for Powers): Power 1 Magic Dart; Power 2 Ensnaring Net
Yeeahhh. No.

A little explanation for this dismissal. Long ago a friend created a Bow of Magic Missiles and I thought it was lame mostly because it wasn't very imaginative. The fact that MMs always hit their target made it even worse. Then the D&D cartoon came out and its bow was even lamer. We're talking almost Zan-level lameness here. "Wonder Bow powers, Activate! Form of a bridge."
Ə, what?

booklet
landscape

Join the scorn.
Holmes magic missiles required a to-hit I think.

Well... Much of that cartoon was ridiculous as are some uses of Spider-Man's web shooters. Still, I had a little yellow short bow with no string as a kid and ran around shooting my energy bow. Heh. I think I've always liked the idea of unlimited ammunition items so we simply didn't have to track it. Maybe ironic as I'm such a stickler for my players tracking ammunition these days.

Bow of Lightning Bolt with the possibility of it bouncing back at you would be more fun. Egads, I never laughed so hard as when a character was in a tiny little dungeon room containing but a coffin and his party. When the single Undead rose from the coffin; Lightning Bolt.
"Save inches for the bathroom; we're using feet here." ~ Rob Kuntz (2014)

--brought to you by TOLHosting, the service without the site--
Yes, Holmes did require a roll. But if I'm remembering correctly, the arrows would revolve around the MU's head until directed at a target. Maybe that was the original booklets.

Although, if I'm being honest with myself, a Bow of Magic Missiles isn't as unimaginative as a Wand of Fireballs. Like I've never gotten into a fireworks fight with my friends, shooting Roman Candles at each other.
Ə, what?

booklet
landscape

Join the scorn.