Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[ACT] Your last movie?
Nemesis (1993) Olivier Gruner, Tim Thomerson, Brion James

Just a complete mess of a plot but one of eleven collaborations for Tim and Brion (who, by the way, served together during Viet Nam. Don't know if they were actually in Viet Nam. Don't care enough to google it), and the second "collaboration" for Tim and Jackie Earle Haley, the first being Dollman (1991).
Getting me free admission into gaming conventions for a decade
Trancers: City of Lost Angels (1988)

The 24 minute short. I have no idea what the purpose was. Maybe the pilot for a Jack Deth, Private Dick series?
The Trancers 5 line made me smile.

Fortress 2 wasn't good? Egads I don't even remember it but there was a time I watched anything with Christopher Lambert in it. His character's range from not very capable (Knight Moves) to godlike (Mortal Combat); his acting is always the same but for awhile there I really loved him.

Lately, what have I seen.....

Housesitter (1992) nothing fancy but Goldie Hawn and Dana Delaney aren't hard on the eyes. I enjoyed this romp during a time I didn't much like romcoms.
Only the Lonely (1991) because John Candy makes everything better.
I, Tonya (2017) even fun the second time. The whole incident including her boxing is well ingrained in my memory.
Jumanji: The Next Level (2019) I think it was good. Forgettable but good. Basically Jumanji 4 (if you include the Sci-Fi one).
Roxanne (1987) because I couldn't find the English dub for Cyrano.
All is Lost (2013) was completely lost on me. Well the first half was nice to fall asleep but the rest was downright boring.
Knives Out (2019) star-studded cast did okay; worth watching. Reminded me of Clue and Private Eyes but different.
The Game (1997) still awesome. Absolutely lusted for Deborah Kara Unger when this came out (She was also in Highlander III and the only reason to watch it).
13 Ghosts (1960) This was pretty good but it helps if you have some of the old 3D glasses for the scenes requiring you to look through either blue or red (depending on whether you believed in ghosts) panels they handed out at theatres when this came out. I actually enjoyed this quite a bit.
A Shot in the Dark (1964) my favourite Pink Panther movie that isn't a Pink Panther movie.....
House on Haunted Hill (1959/2005) This was a 1959 movie they coloured in 2005 and probably it's better to stick with the black & white. It's basically the same as the remake but a little slower. Entertaining but not scary.

I'm on my third run through of Rick & Morty.
"Save inches for the bathroom; we're using feet here." ~ Rob Kuntz (2014)

--brought to you by TOLHosting, the service without the site--
Ong-bak 1, 2, 3 Tony Jaa

Thin plots giving justification to some pretty cool martial arts action. 2 and 3 are period pieces that soar with the action and flounder in the self-important, serious moments. Now to watch Jaa's The Protector.
The Protector (2005) Tony Jaa

4+ minute single-shot fight scene. 'nuff said.
Omega Doom (1996) Rutger Hauer, Shannon Whirry, Tina Cote

Cyborg Yojimbo. One of Albert Pyun's better efforts.
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: Sword of Destiny (2016) Michelle Yeoh, Donnie Yen, Natasha Liu Bordizzo

"Sword of Destiny"? More like "Sword of Density."
Mega Time Squad (2018) Anton Tenet, Jonny Brugh, Hetty Gaskell-Hahn

It sounded like a stupid movie with a stupid premise. Then I saw it's a New Zealand movie. I have never seen a bad New Zealand movie. They may not all be Citizen Kane or The Godfather, but none of them are The Godfather part III. At least, not the one's that get exported, that is.
ARQ (2016) Robbie Amell, Rachael Taylor, Shaun Benson

The trouble with time-loop movies/shows is that they tend to fall into the Groundhog Day/video game trap: fail, reset, repeat (see Edge of Tomorrow). ARQ does a good job of avoiding this by introducing twists early and often. Imagine if Ned Ryerson in addition to being an insurance salesman we found out he was a serial killer and that he killed Rita. Now imagine that it turns out Rita had been embezzling and also kept reliving the same day over and over. And Larry was an undercover narc investigating a suspected drug ring.
Video 
I ain't gonna lie, this was funny. It may be because I'm a daddy of four girls, who all watched the show, but this made fun of itself in all the best ways. And was family friendly to boot!
[Image: c6d02344a2c7f63042321f1cd0671bae.jpg]