Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adventures in Linux - Browsers
(03-04-2020, 08:45 AM)Oedipussy Rex Wrote: I just heard on NPR that school-age children are far less affected by the virus, acting mostly as vectors, so in my phrasing above, I was incorrect, but I was thinking of infants and toddlers, about whom I may still be wrong.
Still that's scary. And if it's left unchecked, and the thing mutates (or makes different strains, or whatever it is that the flu does) then who knows. It's definitely gotten pretty deadly, pretty quick. Sad
PS: I get most of my info from NPR as well. Smile I find it a pretty good source.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRTcJNry87E
Drive Thru Coronavirus testing

It's very hard even in Canada to figure out the truth. It hasn't hit us hard but companies are cancelling trips and having people work from home. I play hockey with a guy who travels all over the USA for business and at first he didn't care but last time I talked to him, he was starting to think about canceling trips. He missed a infected person by 3 hours in Toronto.

It's like they can't decide if is it's a huge epidemic or just a passing phase like SARS.
"Save inches for the bathroom; we're using feet here." ~ Rob Kuntz (2014)

--brought to you by TOLHosting, the service without the site--
(03-07-2020, 08:04 AM)Kersus Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRTcJNry87E
Drive Thru Coronavirus testing

It's very hard even in Canada to figure out the truth. It hasn't hit us hard but companies are cancelling trips and having people work from home. I play hockey with a guy who travels all over the USA for business and at first he didn't care but last time I talked to him, he was starting to think about canceling trips. He missed a infected person by 3 hours in Toronto.

It's like they can't decide if is it's a huge epidemic or just a passing phase like SARS.

The Pence Effect at work: a prayer group got together to pray away the Pla (gue) and ended up contracting Covid from one of the members.
Getting me free admission into gaming conventions for a decade
Rolleyes
Revisiting the hijack. Fun fact: the map of US counties and the percentage that voted for Biden or Trump is almost identical to the map of counties and their inoculation to infection rate. High percentage voted for Biden, a high percentage are inoculated. High percentage voted for Trump, correlates to a high infection rate. I, for one, welcome our new epsilon variant overlords. Shit, might be Zeta, Eta, or Theta variant before enough of these morons die off. Not that I'll care an Iota. I'll put on my Kappa, made of Lambda-skin, and Mu-mu, and try to figure out how to fit Nu, Xi, and Omicron into the joke so I can have a slice of Pi.
Getting me free admission into gaming conventions for a decade