Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[ACT] What shows have you been watching?
Let me just get this out of the way: Goddamned JJ Abrams.

"WestWorld"

Over US Thanksgiving weekend, HBO had a free preview and played all episodes to date, which was up to 9 at the time. I recorded them all. My aunt gets HBO, so I had her record the final episode. I finally got around to binge watching it.

First the good: That's how you do nudity in a drama. If anyone in any way thought the nudity was prurient, they just need to stick their heads back up their asses and leave the grownups alone. Also, the performances were great.

Now the bad: In trying to be clever, the writers got too clever creating conflicts to the conflicting conflicts. Did the machines develop intelligence or not? Event A says yes, Event B says no, But event C says that Event A is wrong, so no, and Event D says that B is wrong, so yes.

The ugly: The central mystery of the series was whether the machines have gained intelligence. This is just a superficial issue and misses the deeper issue, which is the same issue that Ridley Scott completely missed in Blade Runner with his Is-Decker-really-a-replicant bullshit. (Which, from what I've read. Ridley says yes.) The deeper issue is what does it mean to be human. It's a simple question with very complex answers and WestWorld doesn't even try to answer it. That said, I'll watch season two if there's still a world left.
Ə
Maybe I got it rite this time.

booklet
landscape

Join the scorn.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What shows have you been watching? - by trp - 04-15-2014, 10:52 AM
RE: What shows have you been watching? - by trp - 04-16-2014, 10:00 AM
RE: What shows have you been watching? - by trp - 06-09-2014, 02:43 AM
RE: What shows have you been watching? - by trp - 07-11-2014, 01:24 PM
RE: What shows have you been watching? - by trp - 11-17-2014, 10:50 AM
RE: What shows have you been watching? - by trp - 03-01-2015, 09:49 AM
RE: [ACT] What shows have you been watching? - by Oedipussy Rex - 12-23-2016, 10:44 PM