Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[ACT] What shows have you been watching?
(01-27-2017, 10:26 AM)Oedipussy Rex Wrote: The Man in the High Castle is amazing and nothing like what I remember of the book. Haven't watched season 2 yet.
While I only know a synopsis of the book, I think the series uses it only as loose inspiration. Feels like a Heroes/Sliders hybrid. I just finished 2x01 and while much of the acting is good and Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa is giving a phenomenal performance, most of the characters either seem inconsequential or flat out irritating. Adolph Hitler is probably the most sympathetic character in the show. I suspect that I'll enjoy season 2 more than 1 as I found 1 to be drawn out with so many encounters that appear to be wasting my time. Something keeps me watching it. Possibly just seeing Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa with an important role.

I can't tell if Burn Gorman is awful or a genius. I find it hard to see him as tough, although he's better than Tim Roth trying to act tough or Leonardo Dicaprio trying to act.

Pros: Tagawa, general acting, a slightly more objective view of Hitler, sci-fi, good to see Dick's work being used

Cons: script, drawn out plotlines that aren't remotely essential or important, veering too far from source, unlikeable characters, I never got the impression that Hitler would have wanted to occupy the U.S. in our history although his irritation toward Canada might bring him over in a destructive capacity, [edit] theme song
"Save inches for the bathroom; we're using feet here." ~ Rob Kuntz (2014)

--brought to you by TOLHosting, the service without the site--

Messages In This Thread
RE: What shows have you been watching? - by trp - 04-15-2014, 10:52 AM
RE: What shows have you been watching? - by trp - 04-16-2014, 10:00 AM
RE: What shows have you been watching? - by trp - 06-09-2014, 02:43 AM
RE: What shows have you been watching? - by trp - 07-11-2014, 01:24 PM
RE: What shows have you been watching? - by trp - 11-17-2014, 10:50 AM
RE: What shows have you been watching? - by trp - 03-01-2015, 09:49 AM
RE: [ACT] What shows have you been watching? - by Kersus - 02-03-2017, 04:41 AM