Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[ACT] What shows have you been watching?
http://furiouslyeclectic.com/ironfist2
"Save inches for the bathroom; we're using feet here." ~ Rob Kuntz (2014)

--brought to you by TOLHosting, the service without the site--
Just started Krypton and House on Haunted Hill.

Jessica Jones is sooooo boring.

(10-15-2018, 03:28 PM)Kersus Wrote: House on Haunted Hill.
Correction; The Haunting of Hill House
Really enjoyed the first couple episodes but got really bored in the third. Maybe try another time.

(09-27-2018, 03:51 AM)Kersus Wrote: Does The Tick get better? I only watched an episode or two and sort of gave up.
Why would you give up on The Tick?

(10-09-2018, 03:19 PM)Kersus Wrote: Doctor Who
I'm watching and will continue watching, but the story-telling isn't as good. Especially the first two episodes.

(10-15-2018, 03:28 PM)Kersus Wrote: Just started Krypton and House on Haunted Hill.
Haven't seen Haunting, but I stopped watching Krypton after four, maybe five, episodes. Even The Arrow's step-father couldn't keep me interested.

(10-16-2018, 04:37 AM)Kersus Wrote: Jessica Jones is sooooo boring.
I liked Jessica Jones.

Watched Breaking Bad again. Mighty fine show.

Watched Daredevil season 3. Didn't see that twist coming. No, not that twist. Saw that one coming from so far away it barely made a bend. The other twist.
Getting me free admission into gaming conventions for a decade
(11-10-2018, 10:29 PM)Oedipussy Rex Wrote: Why would you give up on The Tick?

I guess it wasn't The Tick I want to see. I have very fond memories of the not-so-timeless cartoon. Some of the comics were good too. I also really liked the cast for the previous Tick show despite the show itself not being very good (partially the bait and switch nature of superhero to talking in a diner). This version is more of a re-imagining while using the character names. That alone is okay. Maybe it gets better. I'm more likely to go back to the Diner one first though. No matter how bad or good the writing, it's hard to follow Patrick Warburton who was designed and genetically built to be The Tick.

(11-10-2018, 10:29 PM)Oedipussy Rex Wrote:
(10-09-2018, 03:19 PM)Kersus Wrote: Doctor Who
I'm watching and will continue watching, but the story-telling isn't as good. Especially the first two episodes.

Agreed. I'm not amazed but I keep thinking... "It's better than the Moffat."

(11-10-2018, 10:29 PM)Oedipussy Rex Wrote: Haven't seen Haunting, but I stopped watching Krypton after four, maybe five, episodes. Even The Arrow's step-father couldn't keep me interested.

It doesn't amaze me however so far it's more interesting than some of the other crap I'm watching. Part of it is being shocked when I found out it existed. I don't eagerly anticipate each episode, but I do keep watching.

(11-10-2018, 10:29 PM)Oedipussy Rex Wrote:
(10-16-2018, 04:37 AM)Kersus Wrote: Jessica Jones is sooooo boring.
I liked Jessica Jones.

I did finish the second season and ended up enjoying it far more than the first season, which I absolutely hated. All the Marvel shows seem to start their season really slow. Defenders was especially slow. I'm not sure which episode I got into the second season of JJ, but it feels like i have to endure multiple nothing episodes before the season actually starts in a Marvel's TV series. What do you like about the superB from Apartment 23?

(11-10-2018, 10:29 PM)Oedipussy Rex Wrote: Watched Daredevil season 3. Didn't see that twist coming. No, not that twist. Saw that one coming from so far away it barely made a bend. The other twist.

I'm still dragging my feet through the first episode of that season. I've maybe worked through almost half after four attempts. I enjoyed the first season; was meh about the second.

I like the new opening music and effects.

Just started Demons of the Punjab.

Binged The Boys.

Karl "Dredd" Urban was great. Antony "Banshee" Starr was amazing as The Homelander. I mention them not to diminish the performances of all the others. Some changes from the comic but the theme is maintained until the final scene which creates big changes. Awaiting season 2.
Finished season 2 of The Man in the High Castle. Yes, I know. Season 3 is already out and after gushing about season 1 what took me so long. Reasons.
With a two-day binge I finished off seasons 3 and 4 of The Man in the High Castle. Season 3 continued with the quality I had come to expect from the series, but season 4 introduced new characters, new plotlines, and just seemed rushed in an attempt to complete the series. It felt like after the writing was 80% complete they were informed that the show wouldn't be renewed for a fifth. Don't get me wrong, I'm not talking a Game of Thrones season 8 level of awful. Characters aren't doing things because the plot requires it. The characters are still acting "within character," it just felt like the events were rushed and the characters skipped a step or two to get to where they were going to be anyway.