Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not Dead, Yet
Feel lousy, but that's just the usual lousy that comes from seasonal changes that fuck with my sinuses. I did slice the shit out of my dominant hand's ring finger on a mandolin. Not the finger as such, but the finger nail. I was trying to slice some corned beef to make a sandwich and wasn't paying attention to how I was holding it. Likely it will get infected and I'll have to amputate.

But with recent global events I felt the need to announce that I'm not dead. Yet.
Getting me free admission into gaming conventions for a decade
I have a musical friend nearby who gets gloomy this time of year until the sunshine becomes more consistent.

I'm just getting over a cold and my significant other has the flu. No idea if it isn't both covid-19. Staying away from my elderly parents.

Sucks about your hand. Can you play with your off hand?

How is mandolin? I almost bought one a few years ago but ended up with a Ukulele. I now have a plastic travel soprano use, electric/acoustic tenor use, concert banjolele and baritone bass use. I also own an electric bass guitar but never play it anymore.

Borrowed my friend's theramine awhile back but don't really have any space to set it up.

I'm pretty crap at all the instruments but I can read music, so that helps, albeit slowly. I don't own a piano and find when I'm around a piano, I can figure out the other instruments easier. Shrug.

Anyway, often think of trying a new instrument.

Global events? We're sorta voluntarily quarantined but I do have to get to my clients soon. We've been playing AT-43 during the quarantine. 

Oh, and my water heater is leaking.
"Save inches for the bathroom; we're using feet here." ~ Rob Kuntz (2014)

--brought to you by TOLHosting, the service without the site--
(03-19-2020, 09:05 AM)Kersus Wrote: How is mandolin? I almost bought one a few years ago but ended up with a Ukulele. I now have a plastic travel soprano use, electric/acoustic tenor use, concert banjolele and baritone bass use. I also own an electric bass guitar but never play it anymore.

Borrowed my friend's theramine awhile back but don't really have any space to set it up.

I'm pretty crap at all the instruments but I can read music, so that helps, albeit slowly. I don't own a piano and find when I'm around a piano, I can figure out the other instruments easier. Shrug.

Anyway, often think of trying a new instrument.

I can't tell if you're serious or not.

Granted, I misspelled mandoline, so I accept the blame for any misunderstanding.
Unfortunately I was dead serious. I had no idea what a mandoline was and have known people who've cut themselves on a guitar. Big guitar swing....

I'm a little embarrassed but mostly laughing at how I took that totally wrong....

I got excited.

Yeah, that's a fingernail I won't be cleaning under for awhile.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sorry dude. I feel like a bit of an arse. I do have family members who used a washboard to make music with others on jugs and such. That's the Yankee relatives I have.

Nothing wrong with Jug Band Music.
Update: Still not dead.
Still tenaciously clinging to a state of non-death.

Of course, you know this is leading to an inevitable comparison to Generalissimo Francisco Franco.
So my aunt just left, now that she has power again. Too bad she didn't leave before dinner. Her two dogs, playing with Grrl, bumped into me as I was slicing some onion for dinner. Got a nice slice of my thumb, instead, on the same mandoline that almost took my fingernail.