Furiously Eclectic People
[ACT] What shows have you been watching? - Printable Version

+- Furiously Eclectic People (http://furiouslyeclectic.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Toying with Sardonicism (http://furiouslyeclectic.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Endless Blanket (http://furiouslyeclectic.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: [ACT] What shows have you been watching? (/showthread.php?tid=36)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: [ACT] What shows have you been watching? - Oedipussy Rex - 06-11-2016

Finally watched the final episodes of Banshee, Cinemax's hyperviolent drama. Sad to see it end. 5/5

RE: [ACT] What shows have you been watching? - Kersus - 07-03-2016

Watched the US version of Mad Dogs. It was poorly directed and it was Zane that got me to watch it. Still, it was enjoyable despite the utter lack of timing and complete fail at humour. Tried the original UK version but found it too slow.

Going through BBCs As Time Goes By yet again - on season 6. Dame Judi Dench, Geoffrey Palmer and Jenny Funnell.

I've gotten weary of Hulu and Netflix.

RE: [ACT] What shows have you been watching? - Oedipussy Rex - 07-13-2016

Just finished episode 6 of season 1 of Dark Matter. Looking forward to episode 7.

Also been watching Preacher, starring Dominic Cooper as the title character. As a fan of the comic, I'm trying accept the show for what it is, not see the show for what it isn't, which would be the comic. It's difficult at times, especially when the characters on the show are not the same characters from the comic. Cassidy is fairly accurate, Tulip is a stronger character, for the better, while Jesse Custer is weaker, for the worse. And don't get me started on Arseface. Someone should be put in front of a firing squad for what was done to Arseface. I nominate Seth Rogan.

I will say that Kelly Leak is always a joy to watch. His character they got right. Even if they did have to remove the character's particular fetish for television.

RE: [ACT] What shows have you been watching? - Kersus - 07-18-2016

What do you think of Dark Matter? I watched it alongside Killjoys.

Is Preacher akin to Constantine in execution?

Just started watching Wonder Woman! I really enjoyed the pilot.

Finished As Time Goes By except the reunion special.

Watched the BBC Dirk Gently (2010). Found episode 00 and 02 to be brilliant. 01 was nifty but 03 sucked. That is the whole series before it was cancelled as far as I know.

Scarecrow & Mrs. King has been fun. A couple episodes in. It didn't suck after all these years. Boxleitner is great and Jackson's raspy voice is still sexy.

RE: [ACT] What shows have you been watching? - Oedipussy Rex - 07-18-2016

(07-18-2016, 02:50 AM)Kersus Wrote: What do you think of Dark Matter? I watched it alongside Killjoys.

Finished watching season 1 and am now caught up with season 2. I quite enjoy it. I've now started on Killjoys and at this point (three episodes in) I like Dark Matter better. Perhaps that will change. Maybe not.

Quote:Is Preacher akin to Constantine in execution?

Not quite sure how to answer. Constantine was episodic with a season-long arc, much like a Joss Whedon show; at the beginning of a show, they'd define a new mystery/bad guy, do some investigating, and solve the mystery/defeat the bad guy, possibly learning something new concerning the Big Bad/Mystery. Preacher is more like The Walking Dead or Better Call Saul, where each episode is like a chapter in a story. An episode may advance the plot, but just as likely it might ignore the plot to investigate character motive and growth.

RE: [ACT] What shows have you been watching? - Oedipussy Rex - 07-26-2016

Finished season 1 of Killjoys. They really cranked the intrigue up on that one, didn't they. Watched the first few episodes of Daredevil and understand what all the hoopla about it was. I've also watched some episodes of Powers and understand why I was previously unaware that there's a Powers series. Why must these people keep insisting on changing fundamental aspects of characters when changing media?

RE: [ACT] What shows have you been watching? - Kersus - 07-27-2016

Yeah, I'm watching season 2 of Dark Matter and Killjoys and while DM seems to be a better overall production with more depth, Killjoys pulls my 'fun' crank a bit more. I think both make a good premise for an RPG campaign.

I'm stuck in the middle of Daredevil season 2. I'm not sure why, but it's boring me a bit. I do enjoy it and liked season 1. Jessica Jones was a tougher watch however any episode with Luke Cage was good. The Luke Cage series looks like it could go either way. I'm eager to see Iron Fist in it.

I guess I'm still watching Wayward Pines. I like Jason Patric better than the main in the first season but the show seems weaker now that the premise is exposed.

Of course we're watching Archer's newest season. I adore that show. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMm1bDLfWL0

RE: [ACT] What shows have you been watching? - Kersus - 07-29-2016

Oh, Stranger Things. The old-school D&D references pulled me in.

RE: [ACT] What shows have you been watching? - Oedipussy Rex - 08-07-2016

Been watching American Gothic. Started because of Virginia Madsen and Anthony Starr (from Banshee). Stuck around for the over-the-top caricatures.

RE: [ACT] What shows have you been watching? - Kersus - 08-31-2016

I caught an episode of Scorpion and liked it so snagged the first season.