Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[ACT] Your last movie?
(06-05-2017, 04:59 AM)Kersus Wrote: 3 Pirates of the Caribbean

I can't tell if that's good or bad.

The Good Guys
I enjoyed it while watching but now that a few hours have past I'm trying to decide if it was a good or fair movie. I'll watch it again, given the opportunity, so that says something for it.
Getting me free admission into gaming conventions for a decade
The Blair Witch (III) (2016)

30 minutes of nothing and then tons of action and bewildering..... Well nothing was bewildering but the word sounded cool. It kept reminding me of Cloverfield more than the original Blair Witch. It also seemed to ignore Blair Witch 2. So, stupid people doing stupid things that reminds you not to take people who panic into the woods. On the flipside, there is nothing subtle in this movie. It slaps you in the face and tells you to like it. There are parts that make the pulse increase (jump scares over tension) but overall it's nothing special.

2 Noisy Falling Trees

Mr. Right

This was a fairly fun B movie. Sam Rockwell was great as usual but Anna Kendrick was miscast. Other than her simply not being "right" for the role, it really went well. Oh, and Tim Roth is in it playing the type of character he usually plays poorly. Everyone else was good.

3.5 Dance Moves

Loitering With Intent (2014)

Bloody awful. Marisa Tomei is excellent but her character isn't overly important in this odd Indie movie about nothing.

1 Crappy Screenplay
"Save inches for the bathroom; we're using feet here." ~ Rob Kuntz (2014)

--brought to you by TOLHosting, the service without the site--
(06-05-2017, 02:47 PM)Oedipussy Rex Wrote: The Good Guys
I enjoyed it while watching but now that a few hours have past I'm trying to decide if it was a good or fair movie. I'll watch it again, given the opportunity, so that says something for it.

I think I recall enjoying it, but maybe not. It's certainly forgettable except the one jump.

(06-05-2017, 02:47 PM)Oedipussy Rex Wrote:
(06-05-2017, 04:59 AM)Kersus Wrote: 3 Pirates of the Caribbean

I can't tell if that's good or bad.

Me either. It could be an beer? Get it? Carib is the name of a beer.

Maybe the movie was too bottled up? Either way the ship kept waking me up.

Dammit. Not "The Good Guys". The Nice Guys with Gladiator and The Driver. "The Good Guys" was a tv show with Tom's kid.
Ha and I was thinking "The Other Guys."

Trailer looks good for The Nice Guys.....

Catfight (2016)
Sandra Oh, Ellen's ex, Old Alicia

Probably better in retrospect. It tries to comment on the current political climate and even has a jab for She-Clinton and Trump. Oh there's gay stuff but no happy stuff. I wouldn't have recognized Silverstone had her name not been in the credits. I suspect the acting is as intended, it just isn't a very good movie.

Zero, just zero.

Blackway (2015)
Bad Cop, Last Dance, Van Helsing

I don't really 'get' why anyone would make this movie but as best I can tell it executes the intention I don't understand immaculately. Hopkins is the same character he is in everything as is Stiles and Liotta. Alexander Ludwig puts on an intriguing performance with an interesting character. The story is quite brief and yet drawn out. It was worth watching alone, for relatively free.

3 Ottawa Senators (see the director)

(04-01-2017, 09:24 AM)Kersus Wrote: The Double (2014)

Richard Ayoade based on some old Russian psychosis. 2 IT Crowd cameos?

I also watched Ayoade's (never can pronounce that) Submarine and I can't quite recall what I thought beyond that despite how much I like Ayoade's personal performances and humour, I do not like his creative direction and thus will take a pass on his future endeavors like these two. If he's acting and it's a comedy, count me back in.

(06-05-2017, 02:47 PM)Oedipussy Rex Wrote: The Good Guys
---
Dammit. Not "The Good Guys". The Nice Guys with Gladiator and The Driver. "The Good Guys" was a tv show with Tom's kid.

My word, Maximus is out of shape and yet has near Olympic level swashbuckling skills. The other guy, Boitano, Mickey Mouse Club, whatever his name is, was okay. On the sheer resounding endorsement you gave it, I decided to watch it. I actually became more and more interested as it went on and despite a meaningless ending, it has potential.

Here's what I got from the movie. If you throw rice at quals, crowes, or baby geese and you get a bomer.

3 quick heals or was that mountain mists?

.....seriously, a spiral fracture? That takes months.

(06-12-2017, 01:46 AM)Kersus Wrote: .....seriously, a spiral fracture? That takes months.

Well, he did have a cast until the very last scene.

Doctor Strange
No, I hadn't seen it. Yes, it took me this long to watch it. Guess what. I haven't seen Logan, Wonder Woman, or Guardians of the Galaxy, volume 2, either.

Anyway. Really good job of working green screen CGI with the action. Excellent job, actually. Some of the humor was out of place, I felt, but still a good Marvel comics movie.

Four Eyes of Agamotto
Video 
Sling rings..... Sigh.

Just watched

ARRIVAL (2016)

Slow and plodding but not methodical. It asks a simple but dynamic question which would be a spoiler to note however I think that if others watched the movie we could have a spoiler thread and discuss the question for some time. It's a philosophy experiment with things like the Sapir-Whorf hypothesis.

I can't actually recommend the movie. It's really slow and there isn't any need. I think we're dealing with a short fun flick extended to 116 minutes to make it feature length without actually adding anything. In the end we really just have a 9.6 (repeating sixes) minute long movie that could be watched backwards or forwards. Let me know if you see it and get that reference.

This movie is based on a. novella called The Story of Your Life by Ted Chiang which I might look into reading.

The acting is okay with Renner really showing us that within him exists no range. The whole thing spotlights Amy Adams so much that no other performance really matters anyway. She does okay. The effects are quite good. It's just slow. slow slow slow slow.

2 Inkblots

Now to figure out how to use a vinculum on this board.

Spoiler :
If you knew your whole future, would you change anything or just appreciate certain moments with more vigour?