Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[ACT] Your last movie?
The Saga of the Viking Women and Their Voyage to the Waters of the Sea Serpent (1957) Abby Dalton, Susan Cabot, Bradford Jackson

More Roger Corman goodness. So I was reading up on Susan Cabot and hooboy did she have an ignominious end, getting bludgeoned to death with a weightlifting bar by her dwarf son (pituitary problem). Apparently, towards the end she had some serious mental health issues and one morning set upon her son, not recognizing him, so he defended himself.
Getting me free admission into gaming conventions for a decade
The Saga of the Viking Women and Their Voyage to the Waters of the Sea Serpent (1957) Abby Dalton, Susan Cabot, Bradford Jackson

More Roger Corman goodness.
Middle of watching T-34, a Russian Tanker movie with no subtitles on youtube.

You can get the plot from wikipedia, it will help you recognize the main characters.

Actually you don't need to understand the dialog.  You can pretty much follow it visally.  (Lots of things blow up, a little bit like Fury but mostly tank on tank, little infantry.)
Tracy Johnson

BT

NNNN
Gandahar 1987

Animated madness at a snail's pace.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=QBrysnbRj6w
"Save inches for the bathroom; we're using feet here." ~ Rob Kuntz (2014)

--brought to you by TOLHosting, the service without the site--
Ava (2020) Jessica Chastain, Colin Farrell, Geena Davis, John "Being" Malkovich

Meh.
Vanquisher (English Dubbed) (2009) Sophita Sriban, Nui Ketsarin, Jackie Apithananon, Pete Thongchua, and Sarunyoo Wongkrachang

Bad edit cuts as fight choreography, not to mention bad dubbing, lousy dialogue, and a nigh incomprehensible plot. Turned it off after 20 minutes. Not even the hot Thai chicks could keep me watching.
The Soviet Lord of the Rings (1991).

It was placed on YouTube over a week ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vquKyNdgH3s

Article in The Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/a...r-30-years
Tracy Johnson

BT

NNNN
Hair (1979) Jon Savage, Treat Williams, Beverly D'Angelo

The Miloš Forman-directed film. Grew up with the music but until now had never actually seen either the film or a stage production. I mean, I've seen a production the over-rated Rent back when the former Oedipussy Regina got us season tickets to the local off-off-off-Broadway theater. (Watch the Lindsay Ellis video essay on the youtubes for a better summary than I could give about its vapidness. Although the "Everybody's got AIDS" scene from Team America: World Police was a pretty good commentary, too.) Hair? A much better story that actually has some substance beyond "War is bad"/"AIDS is Bad."

Fun Fact #6284451: Mrs. Garret was the lady in pink.
Savage Streets (1984) Linda Blair, Robert Dryer, John Vernon

The (sigh) classic (christ, that's painful to type, and not just because of the vaccine shot) '80s exploitation movie. Gratuitous violence, gratuitous boobies, and gratuitously violent boobies abound! I know why Linda did the movie, she's done plenty of interviews explaining how The Exorcist messed her up mentally, but how hard up was John Vernon? As exploitation flicks go, it's one of the better one's, but a couple scenes were a little difficult to watch. And holy hell, that music is everything wrong with the '80s encapsulated in a boring, yet annoyingly derivative, aural assault.
Timecop 2: The Berlin Decision (2003) Jason Scott Lee, Thomas Ian Griffith, Mary Page Keller, John Beck

You know what I'd like to see? A time-travel story that isn't linear. I need to watch Primer again.