Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[ACT] Your last movie?
Wait, a follow up to Hawk the Slayer? Cool!
Not a sequel. That never came about. Couldn't even raise $15 million on Kickstarter awhile back. But it has that whole Sword-and-Sorcerer vibe with a paladin and a barbarian and a thief and a magic-user and an elf and a princess in peril and ...
Getting me free admission into gaming conventions for a decade
Hawk the Trope Slayer? Wink
Moonshine County Express (1977) John Saxon, Susan Howard, William "Cannon" Conrad, Claudia "Miss November 1969" Jennings, Maureen "Marcia, Marcia, Marcia" McCormick

For a '70s moonshine flick, of which there are many, it's not bad. No, the dialogue isn't exactly on par with Tennessee Williams, Arthur Miller, or Mamet --Hell, it's not on par with Franz Liebkind-- but the movie's got good old-fashioned, dirt road car chases, not to mention Dub Taylor and Jeff Corey, so what more could one want?
Enter the Dragon (1973) Bruce Lee, John Saxon, Shih Kien, Jim "Not That Jim Kelly, Sucker" Kelly

Classic.

Fun Fact: Even though he had been practicing martial arts for 15+ years at the time of filming, this is John Saxon's first -- and last -- martial arts film.
Rubber (2011) Stephen Spinella, Roxanne Mesquida, Wings Hauser

A radial tire comes to life and develops the power to destroy anything, while an audience observes. A not bad deconstruction of entertainment media. Not great, but not bad.
Invasion of the Animal People aka Space Invasion of Lapland (1959) Barbara Wilson, Sten Gester, John "Heart-Breaker" Carradine, baby!

oof
Invisible Invaders (1959) Philip Tonge, John Agar, Jean Byron, John "Diggity" Carradine, baby!

Aahhh, that's better.
Drive-in Double Feature

The Girls from Thunder Strip (1970) - Jody Mcrea, Maray Ayres, Casey Kasem

One weird, disjointed movie. It starts as a biker flick, switches to moonshine/bootlegger, then jailbreakers on the lam, ending chase scene on foot, with one of the most unintentionally hilarious conclusions I've seen.
With a reported runtime of 80 minutes and and actual runtime of 74, the jumps from the missing footage makes for an authentic drive-in experience.

Zombie Hunter (2013) - Martin Copping, Clare Niederpruen, Danny Trejo

A supposed dark comedy, it's been a long slide down from Heat for Danny.
(08-17-2021, 05:25 PM)Oedipussy Rex Wrote: Prisoners of the Lost Universe (1983) Richard Hatch, Kay Lenz, John Saxon

Terry Marcel and Harry Robertson's follow-up to Hawk the Slayer with Sci-Fi trappings of the main characters being transported to a parallel universe.

Fun Fact: Filmed in South Africa during the height of Apartheid.

How did I miss this? I need to find it.
"Save inches for the bathroom; we're using feet here." ~ Rob Kuntz (2014)

--brought to you by TOLHosting, the service without the site--