Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[ACT] Your last movie?
November Man

Flat, predictable and forgettable but mildly entertaining in the background.

3/5
"Save inches for the bathroom; we're using feet here." ~ Rob Kuntz (2014)

--brought to you by TOLHosting, the service without the site--
Unhook the Stars

Well, I find Marisa Tomei tantalizing and will watch anything she's in. She doesn't disappoint at all in this and the cast as a whole feels on top of their game.

It's not my usual movie but I really enjoyed it except the ending which left me with a frustrated WTF. Still, the very end is all that kept it from being a 5 star movie for me.

I guess you'd call it a slice of life. I read some reviews that said it had no moral line to teach but it seemed pretty clear to me that at least one point was to not look to others for your happiness.

4/5

Old Boy

Interesting concept to start however I will have to mull over the conclusion. "What the heck did I just watch?"

Ask Me Anything

... ... ...

It seems a mediocre movie for awhile however the cast are all brilliant. I sort of expected a comedy but it's a unique drama. I felt betrayed a little as if there was a bait and switch at some point. It's one of those movies I'll have to mull over for awhile.

4/5

Contact, Jodie Foster, Matthew McConaughey and others. I hadn't seen this movie yet, nor have I read the book. Is the book as full of suck as the movie? I have a very hard time believing that Carl Sagan would write such tripe that equates following the scientific method with the faith of religion.
Getting me free admission into gaming conventions for a decade
(04-30-2015, 03:54 PM)Oedipussy Rex Wrote: Contact, Jodie Foster, Matthew McConaughey and others. I hadn't seen this movie yet, nor have I read the book. Is the book as full of suck as the movie? I have a very hard time believing that Carl Sagan would write such tripe that equates following the scientific method with the faith of religion.
I'm not sure I knew it was a book at the time or to be honest what I thought of the movie. I believe I thought Foster was good but had some real issues with the movie. I really can't be sure though. It was a long time ago.

Avengers: Age Of Ultron 2D
It follows the same basic formula as the first movie but doesn't hit quite as hard in any department. It's good, but we've seen this before.

The Last Samurai
-Tom Cruise
I quite like this movie romanticizing the Satsuma Rebellion.

47 Ronin
Keanu Reeves (and a few from The Last Samurai)
I loved this rendition of the classic historic legend. I love it no less on the many subsequent viewings I've had.

Kingsman - Totally loved this one. 5/5

I took my niece and her friend (both 15) to see it opening weekend and got to be the cool uncle for a change instead of the creepy uncle who stares a little too long.
Benji. Hated when I was a child, but I was too young to appreciate its brilliance.
Oh geez, I remember how popular that was but barely remember anything but the dog running. Maybe worth checking out again.

Back to the Future - It still makes me smile and I doubt they could do the effects any better today.