Poll: Mmmmm
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Tomatoes
0%
0 0%
Green Beans
0%
0 0%
Turnips
0%
0 0%
Leeks
100.00%
2 100.00%
Total 2 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pissing in the Rain
Definitely. Just lost another pepper plant since I last posted. Looks like I'll be building a new raised garden bed sooner than I had planned.
Getting me free admission into gaming conventions for a decade
At this point the garden bed is a feeding trough for the voles. A 31" high metal bed has been ordered, the hardware fabric has been bought, a request for logs and wood chips has been made on getwoodchips,com, a friend has agreed use his pickup to haul a bulk load of garden mix, and I'm pricing concrete blocks for another raised bed or two ($1.30 a block with a discount for an order of 108+) (which is pretty good when you consider how much wood has gone up in price just this past year).
My problem is rabbits.

Eat all my flowers and vegetables. Squirrels also dig up the bulbs.

I had a nice parsley bush that I caught a bloody cottontail munching on. Big as a jackrabbit and ballsy. Even chomped a Citronella! Gonna be a bad year for plants and no where is selling basil....
"Save inches for the bathroom; we're using feet here." ~ Rob Kuntz (2014)

--brought to you by TOLHosting, the service without the site--
At least it's not a jackalope, but between the moose and Sasquatch, I doubt that's much consolation.
Ok. Two 80x40x30 metal raised beds ordered and assembled; 70 cement blocks purchased and waiting to be laid out, which maybe I'll be able to do so in the next week, weather permitting (questionable) and so long more projects don't keep getting dumped on me (more questionable), like putting in new flooring, installing cabinets where the wet bar used to be, power washing the siding, etc. Looking forward to working in wet-bulb conditions.