Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[ACT] Your last movie?
Bonnie & Clyde (1967) - Academy Award winning Faye Dunaway, Academy Award winning Warren Beatty, Academy Award winning (for this movie) Estelle Parsons, Academy Award winning Gene Hackman, Academy Award winning Gene Wilder, Academy Award nominated (for this movie) Michael J. Pollard, and others who were unfairly snubbed.

Kids today would hate it, but the artistic integrity to let an uncomfortable silence continue to the point of pain has been lost.
Getting me free admission into gaming conventions for a decade
On Her Majesty's Secret Service (1969) - George Lazenby, Diana Rigg

Unfairly maligned. The movie has a Peel.

But seriously, a good plot and some really good action scenes ruined by poor pacing and mediocre dialogue.
That is actually one of my favourite Bond movies. It felt closer to the books than the Connery/Moore ones and as you say, unfairly maligned so I probably stick up for it more than I should.

Just watched **Terminator: Dark Fate**

I enjoyed it for what it was. A retelling of the original with a slightly different style and more political correctness. Linda Hamilton was fun.
"Save inches for the bathroom; we're using feet here." ~ Rob Kuntz (2014)

--brought to you by TOLHosting, the service without the site--
Karate Kid II (eighties one)
"Save inches for the bathroom; we're using feet here." ~ Rob Kuntz (2014)

--brought to you by TOLHosting, the service without the site--
Escape Plan: The Extractors (2019) Sylvester Stallone, Devon Sawa, Jin Zhang

If it had been titled something else would would be a decent action movie. Not great, or even all that good, but decent. The fight scenes were well-choreographed, if a bit formulaic, with action that was easy to follow. But as a movie that tries to capitalize off of Escape Plan (2013) it fails miserably. The original movie, which I saw once years ago, involved Stallone using his wits and intelligence to overcome a seemingly insurmountable problem: to escape from an inescapable prison. This movie involved no intelligence, no wits; the wrestler wrestled, the boxer boxed, and the martial artist martially arted. Over-all, one big meh.
Demon Seed (1977) Julie Christie, Fritz Weaver, Robert Vaughn

Hollywood just does not know how to make techno-horror anymore. Demon Seed, with its cheesy, '70s-level technology is a better film than most of the dreck that's being produced today with today's technology and cgi because they knew how to tell a frickin' story.
Train to Busan (2016)

Zombies on a train, South Korean-style. Holy crap, what an intense movie.
Karate Girl (2011)
Japanese after-school special with martial arts assassins and very accommodating stuntmen.
The Long Riders (1980) Keach Brothers, Carradine Brothers, Quaid Brothers

This is the role for which David Carradine should be remembered.
Valentine (2017)
Greatest Indonesian superhero action film ever. It's still a bad movie.