Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[ACT] What shows have you been watching?
"Vera"

Previously, "Scott & Bailey" alternating with "Up the Women".
Tracy Johnson

BT

NNNN
(01-05-2017, 09:18 AM)Kersus Wrote: I watch The Odd Couple with my girlfriend because she likes it and I don't hate it, except that it always sounds like Chandler is yelling at me.

Chandler? Would that be Quincy; Love, Sydney; or one of the Grumpy Old Men?
Getting me free admission into gaming conventions for a decade
(01-05-2017, 02:28 PM)tmjva Wrote: "Vera"

Previously, "Scott & Bailey" alternating with "Up the Women".

I don't know about Up the Women, but I love to go swimmin' with bow-legged women.
(01-05-2017, 03:16 PM)Oedipussy Rex Wrote:
(01-05-2017, 09:18 AM)Kersus Wrote: I watch The Odd Couple with my girlfriend because she likes it and I don't hate it, except that it always sounds like Chandler is yelling at me.

Chandler? Would that be Quincy; Love, Sydney; or one of the Grumpy Old Men?
First Gospel and an alcoholic beverage made from fermented pears. We're on season 2 with out of order episodes.

Always watching hockey when I'm not playing it. I've seen most Montreal Canadiens games this year despite Rogers blacking nearly all of them out "due to league restrictions." I even caught a Rangers vs Blackhawks game that was depressingly boring as modern sports tend to be.
"Save inches for the bathroom; we're using feet here." ~ Rob Kuntz (2014)

--brought to you by TOLHosting, the service without the site--
Did Castle S05

I'm sure I watched it in the past, but forgot enough to watch again. I believe it was in 5 that I lost interest but I'll give 6 a go. It's highly formulaic and even a little disturbing as the four mains must be in some sort of telepathic bridge like in Callahan's Crosstime Saloon. I'm sure Fillion will save the world again sometime.

Someone watching it with me kept laughing as I was constantly saying "oh, now he'll say such and such." It's not something one can easily marathon as each episode is much like the last but Fillion is simply a brilliant presence and my favourite celebrity I got to meet. Well, I met Shatner, but very briefly and we didn't speak. Fillion took time to chat with me.

I acquired The Man in High Castle (while searching for Castle) and may give it a try sometime. I'd prefer to see Jean-Claude Van Johsnton.

The Man in the High Castle is amazing and nothing like what I remember of the book. Haven't watched season 2 yet.
(01-27-2017, 10:26 AM)Oedipussy Rex Wrote: The Man in the High Castle is amazing and nothing like what I remember of the book. Haven't watched season 2 yet.

While I'm a fan of the author, I have not made it to that book. I think A Scanner Darkly was my first book of his but it may have been Minority Report.

I'll certainly be more inspired to give the show a chance now. I need something new to watch that isn't humdrum. Have you ever read Lightning by Dean Koontz?

"Vera" is complete, switched to "Line of Duty" alternating with "Dead Like Me".

Not binge watching, but serial watching on my service.

"Dead Like Me" is also re-running on Tuesdays on the the commercial airwaves MyTv channel.
Tracy Johnson

BT

NNNN
(01-27-2017, 10:26 AM)Oedipussy Rex Wrote: The Man in the High Castle is amazing and nothing like what I remember of the book. Haven't watched season 2 yet.
While I only know a synopsis of the book, I think the series uses it only as loose inspiration. Feels like a Heroes/Sliders hybrid. I just finished 2x01 and while much of the acting is good and Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa is giving a phenomenal performance, most of the characters either seem inconsequential or flat out irritating. Adolph Hitler is probably the most sympathetic character in the show. I suspect that I'll enjoy season 2 more than 1 as I found 1 to be drawn out with so many encounters that appear to be wasting my time. Something keeps me watching it. Possibly just seeing Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa with an important role.

I can't tell if Burn Gorman is awful or a genius. I find it hard to see him as tough, although he's better than Tim Roth trying to act tough or Leonardo Dicaprio trying to act.

Pros: Tagawa, general acting, a slightly more objective view of Hitler, sci-fi, good to see Dick's work being used

Cons: script, drawn out plotlines that aren't remotely essential or important, veering too far from source, unlikeable characters, I never got the impression that Hitler would have wanted to occupy the U.S. in our history although his irritation toward Canada might bring him over in a destructive capacity, [edit] theme song

Arrowverse is getting boring.

Castle is my morning breakfast ritual.

Pokémon.... Sigh.

The Cosby Show S04E21 at the moment.

Jane and the Dragon

Powerless - the first episode was pretty good. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5083928/vide..._=tt_ov_vi