Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[ACT] What shows have you been watching?
Let's see,

There's the new Ming-na Wen series starring Ming-na Wen and some Maori asshole who keeps trying to steal the spotlight from Ming-na Wen. Apparently the premiere episode received mixed, but overall favorable, reviews. No doubt because of the limited Ming-na Wen screen time.

Finished The Falcon and the Winter Soldier. Actually pretty good. Surprisingly nuanced for a comic book show. And containing an unsurprising lack of nuance.

The Wheel of Time was a bit of a letdown for me. To cover the amount they did in only eight episodes required paring everything down to the point where if I weren't familiar with the story (even if it has been, what? twenty-five, thirty years since I read the first book) I doubt I'd understand what was happening. More than that, though, I wonder how much of a budget they had. And I hate the casting for Perrin.

The third and final season of Hanna has been released. For what it was, it wasn't bad, if a little derivative of the Bourne Ultimatum and the like, but for what the movie and first season were, well, let's just say that seasons two and three were a bit of a left turn for me.

Season two of The Witcher is available, so I'll probably binge that in the next few days. Likely after I watch Kate, the Mary Elizabeth Winstead remake of the 1950 Edmond O'Brien noir, D.O.A. I wonder if they keep the "luminous toxin".
Getting me free admission into gaming conventions for a decade

Messages In This Thread
RE: What shows have you been watching? - by trp - 04-15-2014, 10:52 AM
RE: What shows have you been watching? - by trp - 04-16-2014, 10:00 AM
RE: What shows have you been watching? - by trp - 06-09-2014, 02:43 AM
RE: What shows have you been watching? - by trp - 07-11-2014, 01:24 PM
RE: What shows have you been watching? - by trp - 11-17-2014, 10:50 AM
RE: What shows have you been watching? - by trp - 03-01-2015, 09:49 AM
RE: [ACT] What shows have you been watching? - by Oedipussy Rex - 01-02-2022, 04:40 PM