Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latest impulse purchase
(01-27-2021, 02:20 AM)rredmond Wrote: My eldest is now taking a guitar class in college Big Grin
But the 13yo is still noodling. Share a recording of the Serenity theme sound please! It is my current ring tone, so much fun!

Did you eldest start with piano?
"Save inches for the bathroom; we're using feet here." ~ Rob Kuntz (2014)

--brought to you by TOLHosting, the service without the site--
"The man they call Jayne!!" Big Grin

"We gotta go to the crappy town where I'm a hero."
(01-31-2021, 05:42 PM)Kersus Wrote: Did you eldest start with piano?

Nope, flute player. She wanted to take some sort of instrument class in her freshman year, and was intrigued by the guitar. Big Grin
(02-01-2021, 03:11 AM)rredmond Wrote:
(01-31-2021, 05:42 PM)Kersus Wrote: Did you eldest start with piano?

Nope, flute player. She wanted to take some sort of instrument class in her freshman year, and was intrigued by the guitar. Big Grin

I had very basic piano skill and the best thing someone said to me when I picked up a guitar was, turn it sideways and it's the same as a piano. I wish I'd taken piano theory. I pretty much play by ear as it takes me too long to learn things the right way.

I think my sister went from flute to guitar though.....
"Save inches for the bathroom; we're using feet here." ~ Rob Kuntz (2014)

--brought to you by TOLHosting, the service without the site--
*sigh*

Either I'm getting worse or my Dunning-Kruger window is expanding.
Getting me free admission into gaming conventions for a decade
Photo 
[Image: icon_lol.gif][Image: o_icon_e_biggrin.gif]
Oh, fer pete's sake. How could I miss the opportunity to allude to Helter Skelter?

(01-14-2021, 12:23 AM)rredmond Wrote: it's making her middle finger all "pins and needles" - cause she's getting a wee callous. Big Grin

I mean, it's just sitting there, teed up. The problem isn't that I didn't post a comment, it's that it completely passed me by.

I feel sick.
New impulse buy:

Made three years ago.

Just got it today. Box 59595 of 110000. Over 16.2 kg (35+ lbs) of board game. Added on the solo scenarios, removable stickers, and Gloomhaven's Envelope X (shown). Now to read the 84 page rulebook.
Just posted my storage solution for this monstrosity over on BGG (linky). Full of pictures, so it may have to go through moderation before it's publicly available.
Krikey that's quite a set!