Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tracy's HackMoor Campaign 2015/01/06
This week we had a small sausage pizza.

Games are on Tuesdays sometime after 5PM at World's Best Comics, 9714 Warwick Blvd Newport News, Virginia 23601. For purposes of this message, that means 9 December, 2014.

++++ START OF SESSION ++++

I'm going to try and keep this summary short as it has been 5 days since the session...

We picked up last week where we left off in the middle of a battle with Shadow Demons and Huang had had just traded places with one.

The demon that had just possessed Huang (rather than go back to entrapment) decided to run. Huang now a Shadow Demon, decided to give chase. Possessed Huang could run at a rate of 36, Huang the Shadow demon could only move 12 or when jumping to attack, 30. The trick was the physical body of Huang had to turn corners, while the demonized version of Huang could pass through solid objects. Eventually Huang did catch up with himself and brought himself down to zero hit points by the end of the session.

The demon possession versus Huang's entrapment in a shadow still needs to be resolved but I'm sure it is a technical issue my rule's hounds can figure a way out. Worst case they have to keep Huang's body unconscious for a week until Huang can re-attempt the swap.

The other three Shadow Demons successfully swapped with Honda, but Honda swapped back. One other Shadow Demon failed its Magic Jar attack and was down for a few rounds. The last Shadow Demon was preempted by the first Shadow Demon's success and went looking for another target.

During this process, Numrendir performed a Summon Monnster I spell, getting 7 Giant Harvester Termites.

At that moment an absentee Player returned with a new Player. The absentee Player's character had died (and had a penchant for dying). Rather than have them spend the night rolling up new characters. I handed off to him the Non-Player Character Special Ed. For the new character I played a GM's card. So instead of 7 Termites, Numrendir summoned up a retired female Half-Elf character "Daniella Lia Xiloscent" an Apprentice Thief and I made the summoning permanent.

Honda emerged from the darkness and after warning the rest of the party the nature of the Shadow Demons, continued down another path, presumably in the general direction of Huang and his Shadow. Somersaulting over the party in the manner of an low budget Asian martial arts movie (complete with wires) Honda landed on a Stump Horror in the corner and suffered through three successful attacks before breaking free and somersaulting away again. Only to land squarely feet first on a pair of Heel Borers with her soft boots. She took more damage pulling the Borers out of her feet than she did from the landing. So much so that she failed her Threshhold of Pain check and passed out.

Kmaregh reappeared after being so scared, he had run around a complete circle and returned.

Meanwhile the rest of the party collected their wits. A Su-Monster appeared in front of the party and to make a long story short, Daniella made the kill.

Weasel had run off and turned around a corner. He has arrived in a small garden where an woman was bending over tending her tomato plants.

I'm sure I missed a few details, but I will be reminded of them next session. In any case they're probably not important.

++++ OUT OF CHEESE ERROR ++++

BT

BBBB

++++ CHARACTER ROSTER ++++

PLAYERS
Count Elefus, Human Male Deacon
Sir Weasel, Human Guild Soldier, Enchanter, & Myrmidon
Sir Kmaregh Dismal, Human Evoker
Sir Huang - Human Monk Sub-Master
Dame Honda - Human Samurai Bushi
Numrendir - Human Coercer
Krazzek Thunderkeg - Dwarf Tracker (temporarily incapacitated)
Special Ed - A Human Risk Mage

NPCs:
Slim, an Elf Presdigitator/Apprentice. (deceased, pending a raise dead spell)

MISSING CHARACTERS (captured)
Junkbot Jackson - Tracker/Adept
Gerry Castagere, Human Fingersmith, and ever loving devotee of Elefus
Fundisha - Half-Elf Swordsperson
Tracy Johnson

BT

NNNN