Poll: What systems would you buy adventures for?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
OSRIC
50.00%
2 50.00%
Other Retro-Clone
0%
0 0%
Spellcraft & Swordplay
0%
0 0%
Fudge
0%
0 0%
Silhouette
0%
0 0%
GURPS
0%
0 0%
D20
0%
0 0%
Generic
25.00%
1 25.00%
Other
25.00%
1 25.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DT] What systems will you buy adventures from?
Question 
What adventure modules (pdf or print) would you buy based on system?
"Save inches for the bathroom; we're using feet here." ~ Rob Kuntz (2014)

--brought to you by TOLHosting, the service without the site--
I went with

OSRIC
Generic
Other

OSRIC: because AD&D wasn't on the list.

Generic: because I'm fine with adapting adventures to whichever game I'm running. I've often used MERP and RQ adventures in AD&D, and I was using AD&D modules in Dangerous Journeys: Mythus. Smile

Other: Chaosium Runequest (not the poorer Moongoose knockoff), Rolemaster, Call of Cthuhlu, Mythus, MERP and others.

In general, I don't care if a game is out of print; a good adventure is a good adventure. So, I would buy adventures for those other retro-clones if they came with good endorsements from people I knew had the same gaming sensibilities as me.

So, I guess I'd buy anything that I think is good. Smile
So I wonder if generic (like the Eldritch Enterprises system) or OSRIC would be better. What if you had to pick just one for a fantasy adventure? What is your preference?

With a gun to my head, and I can only pick one, then it would be OSRIC, because I am more likely to run an AD&D game, and there would be no need for conversion.

(04-17-2014, 06:54 AM)Kersus Wrote: So I wonder if generic (like the Eldritch Enterprises system) or OSRIC would be better. What if you had to pick just one for a fantasy adventure? What is your preference?
Have you seen their recent almost pocket version?

No, I don't actually keep up with the rules*; I've got all the AD&D 1e books that I need. Wink

* even being a frequent poster at K&KA. Blush

(04-19-2014, 11:17 AM)Kersus Wrote: Have you seen their recent almost pocket version?
After GaryCon and some thoughts for publishing, I've been going through my OSRIC hardcover (which I got as soon as they were released). It's pretty neat. For actual play though, I already know where to find everything in the AD&D books so that's what I use, but maybe I could make the switch.....

I probably need some help to polish the adventures I want to publish. Heck like many gamers, I even have my own system and world, but I'm not sure they'll see the light.