Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[ACT] What shows have you been watching?
(07-30-2019, 11:25 AM)Oedipussy Rex Wrote: Binged The Boys.

Karl "Dredd" Urban was great. Antony "Banshee" Starr was amazing as The Homelander. I mention them not to diminish the performances of all the others. Some changes from the comic but the theme is maintained until the final scene which creates big changes. Awaiting season 2.

Urban is great.

I've actually been watching some Anime lately. The Rising of the Shield Hero which won't stick out as exceptional but I found it entertaining. Generic fantasy with their Isekai twist.

Also absolutely loved the second season of Danmachi (Is it Wrong to Try to Pick up Girls in a Dungeon).

Strangely enjoyed Love, Chunibyou and other Delusions. For the first half of the first season I kept wondering 'why am I watching this?' or 'what the heck am I watching?' however, once it got going, I found the characters more relatable than I thought I would. Not enough that I'd rewatch it like Danmachi but I'm glad I persevered through the whole season.

Periodically working my way through Konosuba: God's Blessing on this Wonderful World! because it makes me laugh.

Non-Anime:

Started going through Undateable again.

Haven't finished the first episode of the new Doctor Who season yet. Sort of faded out halfway through.

Just started the latest season of Lost in Space.
"Save inches for the bathroom; we're using feet here." ~ Rob Kuntz (2014)

--brought to you by TOLHosting, the service without the site--
(01-18-2020, 12:43 AM)Kersus Wrote: Haven't finished the first episode of the new Doctor Who season yet. Sort of faded out halfway through.

Let's see if I get the dialect correctly. "It's shite."

Still going to watch it. It is Doctor Who, after all. But that doesn't mean I'm going to enjoy it.
Getting me free admission into gaming conventions for a decade
Yeah, I finished that episode and sort of went, Blah. My Whovian friend loves it. Like you, I will watch it all. It's not like BBC productions have 80 episodes to slog through, but the whole return of a certain nemesis actually irked me. I can't even tell you if I've seen episode two or three because I don't recall anything about the plot.

Tried to watch BBC's Man Down and while mildly interesting conceptually, it just doesn't make me laugh enough.

I have enjoyed the first couple episodes of Picard.

Finished season 1 of The Handmaid's Tale. I can see the appeal. To some it's a cautionary tale. To others it's aspirational.
And that's seasons 2 and 3. Season 4 is scheduled for release in the fall.

Season finale of Better Call Saul in a couple days. So yay?

Dispatches from Elsewhere has been a fun ride. Will be sorry to see it go.
Watched the first season of Dukes of Hazzard.

(04-18-2020, 08:28 PM)Oedipussy Rex Wrote: Dispatches from Elsewhere has been a fun ride. Will be sorry to see it go.

Well, that was a disappointing finale.

Just finished The Mandalorian. Better than the recent movies. Not that it had a high bar to clear.

Rick and Morty is frickin' awesome. I'm embarrassed I hadn't watched it sooner.
V Wars. Global warming brings a vampire infestation via prions. Sure, I'll buy it, but many of the character decisions and leaps in plot left me unsold.
Further delvings into pandemic style infestations don't interest me at the moment, even if they're "Z" or "V" infestations.  

But if you like it maybe this game is for you:

https://paxsims.wordpress.com/2020/03/29...-pandemic/

Currently I'm into Poirot, old fashioned Agatha Christie murder mysteries.  Funny thing about the Brits, when they show a murder, they usually DON'T show the gore that you find in American who-dun-its.  You get the 1940's style shadow on a wall, or the murder happens off camera to one side and the effect is implied.
Tracy Johnson

BT

NNNN
Hanna season 2. I liked it. I want to watch season 3. No, it's not because it's about a bunch of teenage girls who could kick my ass from here to Thursday.